“Excellent but Pricey!”
Review of Harry and Izzy's

Harry and Izzy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry and Izzy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 2,412 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Georgia
Description: Harry & Izzy's is an independent, upscale American Grill located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Its ambiance exudes class and sophistication in a comfortable setting. While the lively bar is Harry & Izzy's focal point, unique dining rooms incorporate dark woods, lush fabrics and a deep color palette. This sister restaurant to the famous St. Elmo Steak House, shares a few classic dishes, while offering more menu variety. Open for lunch and dinner daily.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Excellent service, although we were attended by a duo of waiters which required too much repeating!
Excellent food, except pricier than it should be, especially their "famous" shrimp cocktail at $16! The shrimp was very fresh, but come on!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The shrimp cocktail was amazing. The steak was perfectly cooked and the service was great. Very pleasant experience.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife & I ate at Harry & Izzy's downtown a few months ago while in Indy for a concert. Of course, we had to try the World Famous shrimp cocktail. Honestly, I don't know if I have ever had a dish quite like that. It was awesome! The cocktail sauce was unbelievably unique. I don't know if I've ever had a dish with such a "kick" like that, but enjoyable at the same time. The "heat" from the sauce hits you hard, but is fleeting so that you can enjoy bite after bite! We went during lunch and ate at the bar area, which was nice. Very neat environment inside. We look forward to returning here the next time we are in Indy.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The ambiance was good at this restaurant, but the food was just ok. I had a Pittsburgh prepared steak which was cooked perfectly so I did appreciate that. The shrimp cocktail, which this place is apparently known for, was just ok. Overall, just a nice restaurant but nothing incredibly special.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Food was fine but this place was way overpriced. It has been awhile since I have gone but I believe the bill for two people was $100, that is ridiculous since the restaurant is nothing special. My tip: make sure you have reservations.