“Business dinner”
Review of Harry and Izzy's

Harry and Izzy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry and Izzy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 2,378 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Georgia
Description: Harry & Izzy's is an independent, upscale American Grill located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Its ambiance exudes class and sophistication in a comfortable setting. While the lively bar is Harry & Izzy's focal point, unique dining rooms incorporate dark woods, lush fabrics and a deep color palette. This sister restaurant to the famous St. Elmo Steak House, shares a few classic dishes, while offering more menu variety. Open for lunch and dinner daily.
New Port Richey, Florida
“Business dinner”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently experienced Harry & Izzy's with 3 business associates and we all enjoyed ourselves.

The service was good, not as high end as I presumed, nontheless our waitress did her job well.

We all ordered drinks and appetizers: beef carpaccio, ahi tuna, and the cheese plate. Everyone enjoyed their plate to my knowledge. I thought the beef carpaccio was just OK (it lacked depth if you ask me). The pre-dinner bread was fantasic ;)

Each of us had dinnerent menu items: steak, pizza(i don't know why), fish, and more steak. Again, all of the food was finished as each person enjoyed their dinner. I wouldn't go as far to say it was worth the price, but it was good.

Dinner was about $200 with one round of drinks + tips for 4 people.

I would visit again, but probably not frequently.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Overland Park, Kansas
“Still good after all these years”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I remember going to this restaurant several years ago at another conference. I actually think I came here twice because I enjoyed the food and the prices were good. So the fact they are still here after 10 + years is a good sign. I took a few clients to lunch here, it is close to the conference center and they had a good variety of food that I figured it should cover a variety of tastes, including vegetarian. I had reservations, and was lead with my group up to a small room up in the balcony. It was a quieter space than the floor which is more open, which I appreciated. We ordered cheese plate for an appetizer, I did enjoy the variety of cheeses & fruit they offered. Their menu does offer a variety, although the vegetarian of the group was limited to salad choices, but ordered a side with it. I tried their daily special, the spicy shrimp tacos which were tasty. Another ordered the steak & seemed happy with it, my co-worker ordered the caesar with salmon. Service was good, our server attentive. All in all this is a good solid restaurant that should make any group happy.

• Visited April 2013
“Very good lunch for fair price and chummy waiter”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Two people had fries green tomato BLT and really liked it. I had garbage salad which was very good but small. The waiter when we saw him knew the history of the place and connection to st Elmo's as well as the menu. Women into group didn't like being called honey. Worth your effort to go

Tomball, Texas
“Lives up to the hype”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

A group of us went here for dinner. Food was excellent, especially the shrimp cocktail but the steaks were excellent also. Wait staff was wonderful and attentive. Definitely a great visit, I would highly recommend.

Ann Arbor, MI
“Fabulous Lunch Downtown”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Everything I had here was delicious. Shrimp cocktail was fresh, with zesty horseradish sauce. Beef sliders were tender and perfectly cooked. The lunch menu is a good deal. Conveniently located near the Convention Center, mall and hotels.