“Great food and a little secret”
Review of Harry and Izzy's

Harry and Izzy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry and Izzy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 2,403 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Georgia
Description: Harry & Izzy's is an independent, upscale American Grill located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Its ambiance exudes class and sophistication in a comfortable setting. While the lively bar is Harry & Izzy's focal point, unique dining rooms incorporate dark woods, lush fabrics and a deep color palette. This sister restaurant to the famous St. Elmo Steak House, shares a few classic dishes, while offering more menu variety. Open for lunch and dinner daily.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

So we dropped in and the place was crowded, and st elmo's was even more crowded - the cool thing is that the hostess told us that they are owned by the same owners but they are less crowded and cheaper!

We got lucky and they as us in the bar area - the service was great and the food even better. We split the romaine salad and shrimp cocktail (smothered in cocktail sauce) and they were great.

For dinner we split a 14 oz steak with sides of spinach and potatoes. We had some prosecco, riesling and a glass of malbec for the steak

We really enjoyed out visit and would go back in a heart beat

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was in Indy on a business trip, and my colleagues and I went to Harry and Izzy's on our last night.
I absolutely loved the interior of the place, which looked like a bookies from the 60's - 70's. Also the waiter was very helpful... he knew the menu well, and joked around about taking bets and all! We took the hot shrimps as a starter and, which were extremely hot, but tasty! Then I ordered a few dirty martini's to cool my mouth. The martini's were brilliant and very strong.
For my main, I ordered the steak of course... I've eaten a lot of steak in my (young) life, but I must say, this is definitely a top 3 contender.
I finished the perfect meal with a perfect dessert... chocolate cake, which was big enough to feed a whole family, but I got there in the end.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Enjoyed Harry and Izzy's Sunday night menu. This is a great deal. For $35 was treated to a salad, entree and dessert. The filet I had was cooked perfectly. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and was a delight to talk with. We were visiting the city and he gave us some great pointers. The atmosphere is wonderful. It is a nice restaurant but I didn't feel like you had to be overly dressed up to enjoy it. In fact many people were dressed up for a night out, but many, me included, were still in our Colts gear from enjoying the game earlier. I am sure the dress code varies from night to night as well. Everything on the menu looked wonderful, but if you are in town on a Sunday I highly recommend taking advantage of their Sunday Dinner menu.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I went with a large group and sat in a group room. I had shrimp cocktail, a H&I favorite, salmon and green beans and the brownie for dessert. The green beans were too plain but the salmon was wonderful! Of course the brownie was fantastic!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I ate at the airport terminal branch of Harry and Izzy's. I ordered the New York Strip Steak, the variety without all of the toppings and sauces. It was excellent. Obviously an airport terminal restaurant has no special atmosphere, but that did not diminish the quality of the food.

On the same trip, two of my colleagues had the same steak at the branch of Harry and Izzy's located north of downtown. They also thoroughly enjoyed the meal.

As others have noted, this is a sister restaurant to the more famous St. Elmo's. Unlike St. Elmo's, Harry and Izzy's is open for lunch at lesser prices than for dinner.