“Cold Food.No Flavor”
Review of Harry and Izzy's

Harry and Izzy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry and Izzy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,384 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Georgia
Description: Harry & Izzy's is an independent, upscale American Grill located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Its ambiance exudes class and sophistication in a comfortable setting. While the lively bar is Harry & Izzy's focal point, unique dining rooms incorporate dark woods, lush fabrics and a deep color palette. This sister restaurant to the famous St. Elmo Steak House, shares a few classic dishes, while offering more menu variety. Open for lunch and dinner daily.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Pan Fried Scallops, must have been fried last week. I should have returned my meal, but I had guests and I chose the place. Big mistake, I will never return.

1  Thank Miller5801
There are newer reviews for Harry and Izzy's

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Harrry and Izzy;s had been one of my favorite restaurants since it openeind in Indy. THe food is great - The fried green tomato sandwhich, filet sliders, BBQ scallops, but the service is a turn off. They are disorganized and it takesd forever to get your food.

1  Thank LizaAllee
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We tried to get into St Elmo’s next store but could not. We settled for this restaurant and I don’t believe that the other restaurant could be any better. The service from the time we walked up to the desk to tell them we had a reservation was excellent. They have a coat room where you can leave briefcases and coats which is very nice. We had appetizers and dinner. The calamari and St Elmo’s fire shrimp were excellent. The shrimp cocktail because of the fresh horseradish was the best I have ever had. The steaks and sides were excellent. All food was cooked to perfection with a wait staff that was present but not overbearing. The wait staff did not try to push you out to turn the table.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have been there a number of times. Food is excellent ! Wait staff are also very good. I have never had an issue in the place. I like the bar area. You really cant go wrong with selecting this place. The place has a lot of charm. So you asking why I am just now writing this review after having been there a number of times? Well its like this. I finally ordered and tried the " Great " shrimp cocktail everyone has been bragging about. Im going to be kind and just say you better " LOVE" HORSERADISH !!!!! Because all I can say is a WOW !!! I couldnt breathe for like two minutes after my first bite. Very Strong ! You have been warned . But being honest with you the place is great , just be prepared for the horseradish !

Reviewed December 14, 2012

A party of 7 of us dined at Harry and Izzy's northside restaurant recently and thouroughly enjoyed the entire evening. The staff were extremely helpful and always prompt. We met the manager James, also and he was very friendly, cordial and welcoming. The food was really fantastic as we all enjoyed the shrimp cocktail and the famous St. Elmo's sauce. It is my understanding the same family owns St. Elmo's and they are sister restaurants. Steaks were cooded to perfection, although one was cooked too rare, so the waitress remedied it in a couple minutes. The beet salad was the best I have ever eaten and beet salad is one of my favorites. The cowboy ribeyes were huge and very tasty with perfect marbling of the meat. My wife had the salmon and it was perfect in all aspects and huge. The desserts were amazing with the chocolate brownie the best but just barely better than the turtle cheesecake. We will return many times to this fine restaurant.