“Penalty flag on Harry and Izzy's”
Review of Harry and Izzy's

Harry and Izzy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry and Izzy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 2,358 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Georgia
Description: Harry & Izzy's is an independent, upscale American Grill located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Its ambiance exudes class and sophistication in a comfortable setting. While the lively bar is Harry & Izzy's focal point, unique dining rooms incorporate dark woods, lush fabrics and a deep color palette. This sister restaurant to the famous St. Elmo Steak House, shares a few classic dishes, while offering more menu variety. Open for lunch and dinner daily.
Sanford, Michigan
“Penalty flag on Harry and Izzy's”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

If this restaurant is known for its Shrimp Cocktail they should have a disclaimer on the menu. How can you enjoy the rest of the meal if your nose, mouth and throat are burning.
Speaking of the rest of the meal, the Rigatoni was also very spicy. My husband had the smoked pork chop and did enjoy it. By the way, don't order wine unless you check the price. $22 for a glass of the featured house choice charndonnay is outrageous.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Joan42469

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Columbus, Indiana
“Indianapolis downtown eatery.”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We had a party of 10. Great company. Great food. Great service. Order a shrimp cocktail - it will clear your sinus.

Visited January 2012
Carmel, Indiana, United States
“Bustling and Awesome”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Sister restaurant to St. Elmo's, so they offer the signature shrimp cocktail and wonderful steaks. Great drink menu. Lively atmosphere. Try the East 86th Street location, too.

Oregon, Illinois
“Did Not Meet Expectations”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I had hoped for an intimate an anniversary dinner while passing through Indianapolis. We ended up with the exact opposite. Granted, our visit did coincide with the opening of Super Bowl Village, so I guess it was understandable that the place was packed and extremely loud. We ended up tucked in between another row of tables and a wall of booths with servers and staff constantly brushing past. I could also overhear the woman sitting at the booth next to us discussing her lack of knowledge regarding toe jam--not H&I's fault, but gross.

I could forgive the noise and the close quarters if the food was anywhere near decent, which it was not. I got the prime rib sandwich, which was alright. My fries were soggy and salty. My boyfriend got the chicken fettucini alfredo. The chicken was dry and the noodles were greasy. The bread was good, but came halfway through our meal. The beer from SunKing was good. The first server we had was very pleasant, however she was soon replaced by another server who tried to push the famous shrimp cocktail and upsell me on my side dish. If I ever come through Indy again, I'll be dining elsewhere.

• Visited January 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Service”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This place has some of the best service I have ever had. Servers are friendly and efficient . The drinks are outstanding and stiff. The food is excellent and made to order.