“New hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chesterton
“New hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Okay, so my family and I stayed here during a visit to Riley hospital for my daughter. The hotel was nice and clean with comfortable seating throughout. The pool was very small and there is not a hot tub. The staff were very nice and professional. The young man that worked late night/early morning seemed stressed but still assisted with what my needs were. The hospital is literally minutes from Riley hospital and they have a shuttle that will take you there. We drove ourselves and found different places to pick up food to eat. The neighborhood was scarey but, the hotel was very safe and enclosed in its own space. The breakfast looked beautiful with scramble eggs, biscuits and gravy etc. It was terrible though, the worst I ever had. How do you mess up scramble eggs! They were watery unlike real eggs and the biscuits were hard as rock even with the hot gravy over them. I would probably stay here again if we have to visit Riley hospital but, I would not eat the breakfast, terrible. The sausage made me feel sick. The juice was fine and it was the only thing that was. The manager stands there and watches while you are getting breakfast which I thought was odd. No one is running off with anything from that breakfast bar. There is a computer with internet access in the lobby which was great for my stress at 3:00 a.m. and the laundry room was open all night which was very convenient as well. We had 2 queen beds and the room was clean, comfortable, but a little small for our family of four. My girls loved it though. It was a good stay in all, but I was happy to return home.

Room Tip: You will hear airplanes all night, but it is not unbearable. The hotel was still quiet and we were...

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed here three days for my procedure at IU Methodist Hospital (Thanks to Dr. James E. Lingeman, MD, the BEST BPH holmium laser enucleation physician in the country!) The motel is brand new and super clean. The rates beat anything in the area and include a free hot breakfast, free coffee and pastries just about anytime, free shuttle to and from the hospital (though you might have to wait a bit), super friendly staff, 40" (or thereabouts) LED TV, in room refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and hairdryer, free WiFi (a bit buggy at times) and other amenities. I saw complaints about the pool and fitness canter but I didn't use them so I will offer no opinion about those. The only negative is the lack of walk to nearby eateries but there are plenty of restaurants within easy driving distance. The neighborhood is industrial and not too far from a "bad" section of town so you might not want to stray on foot from the well lit parking lot but I'd like to add that we felt perfectly safe there. If I'm ever back in the area, like for the Indy 500 (the track is a couple of miles down the road) this is where I'll be!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a D-Link router. Still occasional problems but it helps. Also be careful about h...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StevieSee
Paynesville, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

The lobby looks wonderful. The rooms not bad. The bathroom looks sloppily put together. The fitness room was gross, no curtains and broken water cooler outside the room. The pool was AWFUL. I am mad I wasted my coupon and money on this place. Traveling with kids a pool is a must. This was like an oversized bath tub. The max people allowed is 10. Awful.

Room Tip: Stay else where.
    • 1 of 5 stars
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We used this hotel to lodge a large group for a conference. Our team had a great stay at the Sleep Inn and a very productive visit to Indianapolis. The staff provided excellent hospitality and demonstrated great dedication to customer service. Their free shuttle service in the local area and downtown is a huge plus. We look forward to staying at your hotel again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I took a trip to Indianapolis recently; local hotels were booked because of a Jehovah's Witnesses conference and this one was the few hotels in the area that had rooms available. We stayed one evening. Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel. The rooms were very clean, no plumbing problems, courteous staff, and a reasonable price. The hotel is located in an industrial area of Indianapolis with a golf club and residential area a few blocks away. It appeared that it was popular with parents with little children. The only disappointment:

We had a late arrival and were not impressed with the manager - he had a loose tie and was constantly chewing on a toothpick. This is NOT the way to project a professional image.

The pool is perfect for little children but not for adults. Not sure about wi-fi, but ethernet connections were present. Complimentary breakfast was very good. No AAA discount was given (we were told this was because of weekend stay).

If you're in Indianapolis, want to stay near downtown but don't want to put up with the nightlife, I recommend you seriously consider this hotel.

Big Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This hotel is fairly new and nicely appointed. The staff were professional and friendly. The double queen room was a good size for two adults and two children 9 & 7. The room could have used a second chair so we weren't all sitting on the beds. The gourmet cupcakes offered upon check in and each evening were fantastic. The healthy full breakfast choices were rotated daily. Specialty coffee, teas and hot chocolate were available any time. The pool area was a little stark and dark, cold and very tiny. It's capacity was 14 but it was chlorinated for 114. Both grand kids got out of the pool the first night after 15 minutes complaining of red, burning eyes. The first full day we were there we spent 8 hours at the children's museum. We returned exhausted, unlocked our room door to find our room was never made up. Very disappointing after a long day. My husband spoke to the front desk and was told they would speak with the manager to arrange compensation. Never happened. Just as a side note, the workmanship and furnishing choices throughout the building obviously went to the lowest bidder. Not sure how long it will be a "nicely appointed new hotel."

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near elevators and vending machines. Breakfast room, lobby and pool are alread...
1 Thank GrandmaOzark
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Took a trip to look at Butler University stayed at Sleep Inn. It is a newer hotel. The staff was very nice. The room was clean and quiet. The hotel is in an industrial area and there really isn't any places to eat near by. So you will have to drive a bit for food. They had free breakfast which was not bad. I would stay again, the price was a good value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family