“Nice mellow atmosphere, fresh ingredients”
Review of 14 West - CLOSED

14 West
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Meridian St
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I'm in the middle of a 2 week stint in Indy and I just got back from visiting 14 West. I was a solo diner and sat at the bar. I appreciate places where I can dine alone and feel totally comfortable. I.e. - just because I'm dining at the bar alone, doesn't mean I want to talk to you, bartender! :) He left me alone and had good timing throughout my visit.

I ordered some wine, the tomato & mozzarella salad and seasonal ravioli with polenta filling and fresh tomatoes, mushrooms and corn. Ingredients were fresh and simple. The atmosphere was quiet with jazz playing the background. Oddly, it was empty for an evening where there were 40,000 Gen-Con folks in town, but I really liked it. Price point is a little higher for Indy but it was worth it. Recommend.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

You must go if you love lobster mac and cheese (which I do) because theirs is fantastic! They have a great menu but we did find that their service was not as friendly as I am used to. Good service but they were a little stuck-up and not overly talkative, however, that could be just that they are being overly-polite. Good for an appetizer or so but I would not come here extremely often.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We went for our anniversary and had the most amazing steaks we'd had in years. Service was excellent and we loved the atmosphere.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were in town for the Indy 500 and choose 14 West for a place to start our evening. Once inside the first thing you will notice is the charming and intimate decor. They have an impressive and extensive wine list. The night we visited they had a nice price on the Opus One compared to many other places we have had that particular bottle. We started with the sea scallop appetizer, a nice combination of flavors using grapefruit and avacado to enhance the scallops. I ordered the beef filet and was delivered as ordered and seasoned perfectly. My wife choose the Lamb as 14 West boasts the "Farm to Table" concept proudly. Her lamb was mostly tender with an outstanding flavor. She did have to deal with a few tough/chewy bites but not enough to ruin the overall impression. The accompaning sides with both meals were amazing! Dessert menu looked great but we skipped it this time around. One area for improvement is restroom cleanliness - it looked more like the restroom at a bus station than an upscale eatery. Overall we plan to make it a point to return!

Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Went in on Saturday night. Bartender was really friendly. Had a coupe glasses of wine (amazing wine list FYI). Sat at our table and had amazing service. It was our anniversary. We were greeted with two glasses of champagne. Made us feel special. Food was ok. Not my favorite. The server did inform us that they were getting a new chef on Monday and were strictly going "farm to table". The first of June they should have a new menu! I will definitely come check it out.