Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest
Ranked #28 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 27, 2013

A few years back I was really loving all the Homewood Suites properties for stays on road trips. This one is fine, although they are starting to age a bit. I've just discovered the newest built Residence Inns are now my best bet go to hotel where I can find them. At this property we had to wait about 15 minutes at the desk for someone to check us in even though we were calling them on the phone they left out, no one was answering. Turns out all of the staff was attempting to get a jammed room door unlocked because either guests or their belongings were in the room and hadn't been able to open the room door for more than 2 hours of trying. So that was a pain for us to wait at the desk when we had been on the road all day, but I bet it was really a pain for the guests who couldn't get their things out of their room for more than 2 hours. Our room was on the side facing the highway, but I wasn't bothered by highway noise like some reviewers have mentioned, although you could hear the cars out there, it wasn't that bad and I am a delicate sleeper. I'd consider this place again when passing through the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HotelManagerIndy, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I also thank you for your patience and understanding while the front desk worked to assist another guest. I appreciate that you would be willing to give us another try as we are constantly learning from our guests and improving our product and team. Thank you again for your kindness, your consideration and most of all your feedback. Have a great day!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The first and most important thing I ask myself when writing a review is "Did I sleep well" and the answer is most definitely yes for this property. I slept very soundly each night and had no concerns in that area.

The staff at the front desk was very nice although a lot of the times, nobody was there and there was just a phone to call for assistance.

This hotel clearly has some operational issues, however. First thing I noticed in my room was that the soap dish (attached to the corner of the shower) had been broken. It appeared to be made out of ceramic and was a bit sharp. I can't believe they would let a guest check in with something like this wrong. Also, I could not get the temperature on the shower to be anything other than frigid, lukewarm or boiling hot. So they asked me to switch rooms so they could address these issues.

The indoor pool was nice but the hot tub was barely lukewarm for my entire stay. When I went there one evening it looked like a tornado had blown through... towels everywhere and not a dry towel to be had. I checked back more than an hour later and it was still the same. Not good.

The first morning when I went to leave at about 9 a.m., I already had a note slipped under my door from housekeeping saying they were sorry they missed me and to call if I needed new towels. I'm surprised they would put this note under the door so early and not check back a bit later in the morning to clean the room.

The management did award me 5,000 extra HHonors points for the inconvenience of having to change rooms. I think with a little TLC this property could be much better. I would not stay here again, however, if I had other choices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor facing away from the highway.
1  Thank LucWise
HotelManagerIndy, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to pass along comments of your recent stay with us. Our maintenance team has received the comments regarding your suite and is working hard to correct the issues mentioned.

I am sorry that you found the desk agent away from the desk when you needed assistance. As a smaller property, our staff is often called upon to wear many hats and must step away to assist other guests but will always return momentarily. I am glad that you received great customer service during your interactions with them. I would also like to apologize for the high occupancy of our pool area. We work hard to quickly clean up after any heavy use of our public areas so that all guests can enjoy the amenities our beautiful property has to offer. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel like they are being well attended and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration as we plan for the future.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you went through and I do hope you give us another opportunity the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

In terms of room and cleanliness, this facility completely met my expectations for Homewood. In terms of service, it did not. Breakfast was as expected food-wise, but the attendant spent more time sitting than making sure that china and flatware were available. Things were running out and she was nowhere to be found. I even observed someone going into the back in search of a spoon which I had observed someone else ask for not five minutes prior. Conversely, the evening light dinner attendant was outstanding, even taking time to explain the food choices to me and to ask if I needed anything. He should be commended as a bright spot at this hotel. Our room was made up (we stayed two nights), but supplies, particularly in our kitchenette, were not replaced.

Beware north and west facing rooms-the traffic noise is bothersome, though we kept the HVAC cranked and our travel fan on high all night - and noise was blocked pretty well. But, for those folks not used to white noise, sleep could be elusive.

We chose this Homewood for its indoor pool for the kids - but I would try other Homewoods in the area next time if the pool was not necessary or if it was summer making outside swimming a possibility.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank TravelingDrJ
HotelManagerIndy, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Hello! Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - especially when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was delighted to read from your review that we met your expectation in regards to the cleanliness of our hotel. I was however disappointed to read from your review that our staff was inattentive towards you. I apologize if you found that our staff did not provide you with the level of customer service you deserve. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Thank you again for your comments, we hope to see you again if in the Indianapolis area!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest 3/27/13 – 3/29/13. The complimentary breakfast and dinner are great. The staff is attentive and professional. It's located right-off the expressway so we expected the noise. Fortunately the comfortable mattresses helped us to ZZZZzzz. The only negative was a pool malfunction. (maybe a chlorine release or the pool was excessively chlorinated. But it left us wheezing, red-eyed - and we didn't even go in the water! Needless to say the pool was closed the next day for service

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Hello! Thank you for reviewing our property. We always love to hear feedback from our guests, both good and bad. I'm very happy you enjoyed our breakfast and dinner selections, we are constantly working to improve these complimentary features. We also appreciate your understanding of the pool needing to be closed for maintenance. As with any business or establishment, these things happen from time to time. I hope you'll be able to stay with us again in the future. We would love to have you back!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great hotel and overall relaxing experience. Had the 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom suite with living room and kitchen which made it very comfortable. Very clean but housekeeping staff had some language barriers and did not clean room during our 4 night stay.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not by the expressway...I-465
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HotelManagerIndy, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Hello! Thank you for passing along your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. I’m so glad you enjoyed your room accommodations. The two bedroom suite is a favorite among families! I was sorry to hear of the miscommunication with the housekeeping department. Our room attendants work hard to provide service to all occupied rooms that would like it and I am truly sorry your room was not taken care of. Guest feedback is important to us and provides the team with learning opportunities. I have provided your comments to the housekeeping department and will work with them to prevent this in the future. I do hope you'll give us another opportunity should you be in the Indianapolis area. Thank you again for passing along your comments and thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed for two nights at this hotel and enjoyed my stay very much. Check-in was quick and easy. The first thing I was struck with about the rooms was the size. They are large and have a nice floorplan: kitchen, sitting area, bed, sink and private room for toilet and shower. An earlier reviewer mentioned difficulty regulating temperature in the room. I did not find it difficult to keep a moderate climate. The breakfast was a little sparse by the time I reached the dining room the first morning, but after a comment to the waitstaff, the missing items were quickly filled. Although I did not have time to use it, the pool area looked very nice. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again and would have no problem recommending it to others.

Room Tip: You might find the interstate side of the hotel noisier than the parking lot side.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HotelManagerIndy, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to pass along your comments. We strive to maintain the highest levels of service and guest satisfaction and are truly delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here at the Homewood Suites. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Newer Homewood Suites. Everything clean and well maintained. Staff were friendly and helpful. Spacious room. I thought given the proximity of this hotel to a water park that the place might be really worn and unpleasant but it was entirely perfect.

Parking lot was a little icier than I expected but it was January in Indianapolis...

Will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HotelManagerIndy, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our property. It is through guest comments, such as your own, that we are able to continually improve upon our product and service.

We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North
6 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone Crossing
3 mi away
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Northwest
Hampton Inn Indianapolis Northwest - Park 100
2 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northwest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapo...
#64 of 186 in Indianapolis
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indianapolis North - Carmel

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest? Share your experiences!