Ok ..I may be an IDIOT for posting this but....
This hotel is the best place to stay for any activity (especially the 500) at IMS.
Not only Is it the closest 'decent' hotel nearby but you can cycle to the track in 15 minutes and avoid the monumental traffic issues that over 350,000 people create. The suites are large with room for entertaining and good cooking facilities ie: large fridge,2 electric hobs and large microwave.(The wonderful front desk staff suggested the new Marsh Supermarket for hi-end groceries!! ) Suites have 2 flatscreen TV's (one 37"& one 30") which are accessible but the channel choice is not great (only CBS and NBC are digital. the rest are 1975 style blocky-vision and NO NBCSN which is unbelievable for a town obsessed with motor racing. Internet speed is ok but many sites are blocked by the Norton safe-site filter so don't expect to download any tv shows. Flash sites ie:YouTube/Vimeo etc. load ok though. I did all my own housekeeping as the policy is not to clean your room in-stay but that's ok with me. Bed was nice and hard with comfy pillows and duvet. Good ventilation in the bathroom and the shower was just right (not too much water softener). So, if you are going to the track..this is the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Candlewood Suites in Downtown Indianapolis, Indiana Our extended stay hotel in downtown Indianapolis is near the Indianapolis International Airport, making travel to the hotel easy and convenient. Leisure travelers can appreciate our downtown Indianapolis hotel's close proximity to several local attractions. Eiteljorg Museum, the Children's Museum of Indianapolis and the Indiana State Museum offer history buffs the chance to soak up the heritage of Indiana. For sports enthusiasts, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Conseco Fieldhouse are just minutes from our hotel. The Indiana Zoo and White River State Park offer fun for the whole family. For business travelers, our hotel in downtown Indianapolis is near the Indianapolis International Airport and offers free high-speed Internet access, a Business Center and three meeting rooms. Nearby corporate locations include the IU Medical Center, the Indiana Convention Center and Simon Headquarters, while South Grove Golf Course offers a great place to unwind. This Indianapolis extended stay hotel offers you free high-speed Internet access and free local phone calls. Our standard guest rooms are the largest in Indianapolis. A Fitness Center, free self-laundry facilities, barbecue grills, a DVD/CD lending library and the Candlewood Cupboard, our miniature grocery store, offer unparalleled comfort and convenience. Call today to take advantage of our great Indianapolis hotel deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Indianapolis City Centre Hotel Indianapolis
- Candlewood Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Candlewood Suites