“Business Stay”

Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist
Ranked #75 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed February 4, 2014

One of our employees recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites and was very impressed. We chose this based on price and proximity to IUPUI. She stayed in a huge room and the employees were extremely friendly. She felt safe, even though she was traveling alone. Would recommend this to others and we will be using this hotel for future trips.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

I am pleased that your employee had a memorable experience while at our location. Our room square footage is the largest in Indianapolis. While no location is without issues, there has not been a single incident of guest safety being compromised during my 15-month management of property.

I am pleased we will be your hotel of choice when returning to Indianapolis.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Spent one night. Amazing price for such a spacious room! Free wifi and nice staff. Very clean rooms. Everything was worth the price. Only thing I would suggest: maybe have some side doors with room key access to get inside the building.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am pleased that our location exceeded your expectations. Based on building configuration, and age, there is only one plausible location in which to place an additional entrance. However, the building superstructure prohibits the ability to do so.

I hope that when you return to Indy, the Candlewood Suites is your hotel of choice.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

All was good here except for the noise from within the building. Our room near the elevators running all night, resulted in only a few hours sleep. However The service, cleanliness and room size were worth the price

• Stayed: November 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Mike S,

Thank you for your stay with us and reviewing our property. I appreciate your compliments on our service, cleanliness and room size.

I sincerely apologize for the noise challenges you have encountered. We deeply regret that these aspects have negatively impacted your overall experience with us.

Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a comfortable environment. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend wedding. The rest of the family stayed in hotels 2 miles away where they paid up to twice the price, paid over $20 for parking and then also had to pay for wifi. We had free parking, plenty of room and free wifi. Invited family to come back and hang out in our spacious room to catch up on life!

Our only complaints? The bed was not the most comfortable. Time for new mattresses. The decor is getting a little dated as well. But for our needs - it suited us just fine. If we were spending more time in the room or hotel it would have mattered more. The extended family all agreed to choose this hotel for any future visits to the Indy area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to provide an account from your recent stay at our facility. Our hotel is an exceptional value when compared to many other Indianapolis locations; however, there are many factors for a guest to consider: price, location from desired destination, amenities (WiFi, parking, breakfast, restaurant(s), etc...), etc... I encourage persons to do their homework before booking any hotel room.

Candlewood Suites are in the process of updating many of the room amenities, including the bedding package. Persons staying at our location should be seeing these changes by the end of 2014.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for a bachelorette party. Beside the smell of stale cigarette smoke,the environment was welcoming. I was impressed with the size of the room. By the looks of it, the room was clean. However, when I woke up the next morning I had small red bites all over my legs. By reading other reviews, I noticed that other reviewers had experiences with bed bites as well.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay at our facility. Our location takes any claim of potential bug bites, bed bugs, etc... very seriously and investigates immediately. Our housekeeping staff is trained to look for signs of any such infestation. Similarly, our pest control company, Gold Seal, regularly treats our location as a preventative measure. When any room is suspected to have an infestation of any type, it is immediately taken 'out of order' until such time that our pest control company validates (and subsequently treats) or clears the room for future usage. A log book of any/all treatments performed at our location is kept on file and can be viewed by any guest of the facility. In the span of a year since I have held the position of General Manager at this location, there has not been a single substantiated bed bug incident at our location. Feel free to review other TripAdvisor, or similar, posts as well as with bedbugregistry.com as to hotel's history.

While Marion County (Indianapolis) has a non-smoking code established, restricting the smoking within establishments (including hotels), many persons will blatantly disregard this and still smoke within hotel rooms. The cleaning of, and subsequent removal of any scent, takes a great deal of additional effort and may still leave remnants of smoke scent, depending on the severity of the case.

I apologize for any issues you may have experienced at our location during your recent stay and hope that you may decide to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was very impressed when I opened the door to my room in this all-suite hotel! I am accustomed to "mini-suites" where bed, couch and kitchenette are all in one space. This was virtually a one-bedroom apartment with a living room/kitchen and a real bedroom down the hall, as well as several size full closets. I had a conference rate of $79 per night for all of this space which was a tremendous bargain, if you ask me! The concept of this hotel chain is that they do not offer daily housekeeping service. If you want your trash emptied, you put it outside your door. If you need towels or sheets, you bring the dirty ones down to the front desk and exchange them. This is fine with me. Almost always, when I stay in a hotel that advertises the "going green" policy of not replacing towels daily, no matter where I put them, I find new ones put out anyway. At least this way, I am able to "go green" and the hotel can pass on the savings and keep rates low by not keeping a fleet of housekeepers on duty. I was amazed at how quiet this hotel was. The adjacent building is exactly the same as the hotel but for more long term stays and seems to be filled with I.U. students, so I was expecting some late night noise from their parking lot. But that never happened. The hallway was quiet every night of my four-night stay as well. There is no restaurant, food service or bar on the property, so planning ahead is essential. You can purchase cold drinks, snacks, cereal, milk and microwave meals from their mini convenience store, which works well since suites have a full kitchen. The hotel is rather isolated and you cannot walk to a good restaurant. You can order take out from nearby venues. There is an hourly shuttle service that guests may take for a nominal fee which will bring you to the downtown district a couple of miles away, so you can conveniently go out to eat and take a cab or the shuttle back to the hotel. Regarding amenities: the bed was great! It seemed a bit firm at first but was really comfortable and I did not notice any aches or pains that come from poor support in a mattress. I would prefer the washable duvets on the beds after seeing a hotel expose' on T.V. that shows what is left on hotel bedspreads and quilts. But I manage O.K. by making sure that the sheet is turned down to cover the top of the quilt. The bathroom was fine but I missed having a bath mat or non-slip surface in the tub. I was rooming alone and thought of a story a friend of mine told about slipping in the shower, getting a concussion and passing out with no-one there to help. Just a safety feature I would add.
Overall, a great stay and I would recommend this hotel to others traveling to Indianapolis.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelswithlabs

Thank you for taking the time to write a lengthy, and very favorable, review of your recent stay at our facility. The brand is in the transitional phase of getting rid of the previous bed comforters, in favor of a new standard bedding package.

I hope that if you should return to Indy, the Candlewood Suites Medical District is your hotel of choice.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very clean, spacious room. Helpful and courteous staff. Free laundry facility provided. In-room kichenette was a big bonus
Quiet location and not too far from Indianapolis. A short distance from IUPUI.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you so much for the recent review of our establishment. I am pleased to hear that we met and/or exceeded your expectations. If you should return to the area, I hope Candlewood Suites is your hotel of choice.

General Manger