We stayed here in April '13 while I was having surgery done at the nearby hospital. Great location as it took about 5 minutes to get to the hospital parking garage. They also ran a free shuttle that my parents used often to get from the hotel to the hospital so you didn't have to pay for parking. They just called ahead when they wanted to be picked up and got a time estimate. Both myself, with my wife and son as well army parents and sister stayed in a 2 bedroom room. They were next to each other and great. The bedrooms give a great deal of a space and privacy. Also my son was just under a year and cried a little through the first couple nights getting used to the new place, but my family was unable to hear him cry from the room next door. Mostly noise was heard from above, not the side rooms. The kitchenette was decent, it did save the family from having to go out everyday for meals. There weren't a ton of restaurants around but on 10th St just north of Indiana Ave there are a few sandwich places, restaurants, pizza places, etc. We also got a great deal through the ProCare Concierge. We got the information about them from the hospital, and staying over 2 weeks made the 2 bedroom much cheaper per night. It is a little weird leaving your trash out in the hall, but usually it would get picked up fairly soon. Some days it did seem to sit out for a while though. We only had one real problem and that was for the last few days of our trip one of the elevators didn't work, leaving just one for the entire hotel which meant it could take 10 minutes just to get the elevator during the morning when people were checking out and using elevators a lot. I would have taken the stairs normally but was still sore from surgery. I'm sure this is no longer an issue so I have no problem recommending it to others. I hope to never have to go back to that hospital but if I need to I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Candlewood Suites in Downtown Indianapolis, Indiana Our extended stay hotel in downtown Indianapolis is near the Indianapolis International Airport, making travel to the hotel easy and convenient. Leisure travelers can appreciate our downtown Indianapolis hotel's close proximity to several local attractions. Eiteljorg Museum, the Children's Museum of Indianapolis and the Indiana State Museum offer history buffs the chance to soak up the heritage of Indiana. For sports enthusiasts, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Conseco Fieldhouse are just minutes from our hotel. The Indiana Zoo and White River State Park offer fun for the whole family. For business travelers, our hotel in downtown Indianapolis is near the Indianapolis International Airport and offers free high-speed Internet access, a Business Center and three meeting rooms. Nearby corporate locations include the IU Medical Center, the Indiana Convention Center and Simon Headquarters, while South Grove Golf Course offers a great place to unwind. This Indianapolis extended stay hotel offers you free high-speed Internet access and free local phone calls. Our standard guest rooms are the largest in Indianapolis. A Fitness Center, free self-laundry facilities, barbecue grills, a DVD/CD lending library and the Candlewood Cupboard, our miniature grocery store, offer unparalleled comfort and convenience. Call today to take advantage of our great Indianapolis hotel deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, IHG, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Indianapolis City Centre Hotel Indianapolis
- Candlewood Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Candlewood Suites