Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist
Ranked #86 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Spacious”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were only there for one night. Got in a 4pm and had our friends meet us there - the living room was spacious. The kitchen was fully equipped with glass, mugs, plates, large fridge. We had 2 separate bedrooms with king beds in both. The couch in the living room also pulled out. The only down fall - there was only one bathroom.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We appreciate both your business and positive feedback from your stay. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I love staying at the Candlewood Suites hotels. My fav orite thing about them is the full kitchen, making the hotel perfect for birthday parties or extended visits. My most recent stay was in Indianapolis for New Year's. This hotel is about 10 minutes (give or take a few) from the City Center downtown. I wanted something directly downtown, but when I realized there was a Candlewood Suites close by, I forgot all other options and booked my stay immediately. I was not disappointed. This is my second stay at a CS hotel, both times i was impressed, and I know I will definitely book my stay at another one soon.

• Stayed December 2012
We appreciate your loyalty to the Candlewood brand of hotels and the positive feedback from your most recent stay. We hope to have the opportunity to service you, and your guests, in the near future.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here recently for a conference in Indy and this hotel was a great choice for the following reasons.

1) Location. They offer free parking, outside of the downtown shuffle.

2) A shuttle service which was great for our conference. We simply notified them where we wanted to go, called when we wanted picked up, and had our own shuttle service around downtown Indy. This saved us on parking, and was like having our own taxi service if we needed it.

3) The rooms were HUGE. With a full kitchen in each room, we didn't have to always go out if we didn't want to. This was a nice feature to have.

4) The people who work here. From the men at the front desk, to the guys who drove the shuttle, everyone here was great. They seemed to enjoy working here, and treated you as you would want to be treated.

The only reason I didn't give the hotel 5 "stars" was the following. 1) We booked the exact same rooms for all of us, exact same cost...and one of the rooms was a lot smaller than the other. Granted, the rooms were still large, however it was strange when a co-worker came into my room and was shocked by the additional size. The room was basically the same, however one just had a lot more space and closet space. Normally I would have no issue with this, but we paid the same price so we should have had comparable rooms. 2) When booking on hotels.com (maybe hotels.com fault) but we were told we had two double beds where in reality we just had one larager bed and a pull out sofabed. When we asked, we were told if you wanted two beds you need a two bedroom suite.

Overall though, for the price...this is a GREAT option. I didn't notice the room being noisy, or anything being smoky like some have mentioned. Our rooms were spotless and was very quiet.

Room Tip: When booking on hotels.com (maybe hotels.com fault) but we were told we had two double beds where in...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Indiana
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel because my son was having surgery the next day. I had never stayed at a Candlewood Suites, or any extended stay hotel, before and was very impressed. The room was the bigger than some apartments I've lived in before! The room was very clean. There were two flat screen TVs, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. We were only staying for one night but I can see it being very nice and comfortable for a family that needs to stay longer for things at the hospital. There was a full size refrigerator in the kitchen and even some dishes and cookware in the cupboards.

• Stayed October 2012
Ann Arbor
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed here for one night. On the plus side, the location is convenient to the IU Medical Center and the rooms are large. Unfortunately, the negatives outweighed the positives. The carpets were dirty and the blankets and bed spreads smelled of smoke even though we had a nonsmoking room, the matress in the sleeper sofa was stained and it was not made up with sheets. It was also very uncomfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear a2djs,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your nice comment regarding out location.

However, I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding the poor service provided by our housekeeping, the cigarette smell and the stained mattress. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I travel around the county frequently. The rooms at this property was great. It went above and beyond my expectations.
I will stay here as often as possible, simply due to the spacious rooms.
The service given by Russell, NIght Auditor, was outstanding.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The idea of the hotel is excellent -- and the location is excellent. Bt there was a good sized cockroach in the bathroom. I just do not tolerate that. Some 'residents' put food boxwes (e.g., pizza) in the hallway. This causes the bug problem.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear QQ1234,

As always we are glad to read feedback from one of our valued guests. I'm delighted our hotel location worked well for your. However, I would like to apologize the condition of the bathroom fell below your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. Hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N