“If you like a firm bed you will be happy here.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Airport

Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #91 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
O'Fallon, Missouri
“If you like a firm bed you will be happy here.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

We were booked to stay at Candlewood Suites for two nights. The beds were very firm and uncomfortable. we had to relocate to another hotel for the second night. Every member of my family had a rough night on the beds. I had to sleep on the recliner. Now if you like a firm bed this Is a great hotel. It was clean and the room was nice. Hotel staff was great even with our early departure and complaints.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear BetsyOnline,

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I'm glad to know our staff treated you well during your stay and I'm pleased you liked your room accommodation. I am truly sorry to hear that the beds are not to your liking. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Enjoyed staying at the Candlewood Suites near the Airport. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The pool and hot tub was crystal clear. The staff at the front desk were particularly helpful and super nice. My husband loved the warm cookies that were served in the lobby. There was a refrig, ice maker, stove and microwave in the room. The little store by the lobby had enough food choices that you could buy and heat up in your room and the prices were reasonable. Because of the Superbowl there was transportation available into the city. Otherwise the hotel is very close to the airport and a convenient car ride into the city. I'm not going to rate the hotel on value because for the super bowl everything was inflated and I have no way to compare! Indianapolis did a great job preparing the city to host the super bowl.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

It is quite near the Indianapolis airport so would be a excellent choice for those who want to catch up with airplane. The kitchen area is great!

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chunyang
Carthage, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

I was very pleased with my stay at this Candlewood. The staff were always friendly, smiling, and very helpful. Every day my daughter and I stopped at the front desk to ask for directions to our destination and we always received great directions. They don't offer daily housekeeping (which is about the only thing I wasn't happy with), however, they will give you clean towels any time you ask. Their outdoor pool was lovely and well-kept. If I ever plan to spend time in Indianapolis again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night earlier this week (I was in Indy for work), and I was very happy with the whole experience. The suite was spacious and clean, the staff very professional and helpful. It took me about 15-20 minutes to drive downtown for my meeting at 8 am. I wanted to avoid the pricier downtown hotels, and it was well worth it. Free parking and Internet were also a bonus you dont always get downtown. Communal areas (elevators, some hallways) need some updates but a very good impression overall.

• Stayed May 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

We stayed for 8 days( check in on a Saturday night). I can not believe that no one comment on how dirty the floors are in the rooms. Our suite was on ground floor witch was very nice, however from the moment I walked in I was strike by how dirty was the carpet in the room and the vinyl in the kitchen. I have a three year old, who plays a lot on the floor, and having a clean carpet was important. There was a big black dirt stain at the entrance and more through out the room, and if you step on it barefoot it was sticky, so as the kitchen floor. They only clean your room once a week. I wanted to take out my trash bag after 4 days since they don't do it for you, and when the bag broke I call and ask for a broom and a mop. I was told that the hotel DOESN'T OWN a mop and the way they clean the kitchen floor is supposedly “get down on their knees and clean it with a rag and a bottle of spray cleaner” (yap...do you really believe anyone does that ??!! ) No wonder that floor was so sticky. IT WAS NEVER MOP !
My second complain was about the fact that our bedroom was sharing a wall on headboard side with the elevators and another wall with a mechanical room witch both where very loud at night and made it hard for me to put the child to sleep.
Everything else was good. The amenities where very nice and the employees where knowledgeable and friendly. The suite has two big closets and a dresser in the bedroom. Very functional kitchen with big pantry.
I would recommend this hotel to someone who has dogs and don’t care much about the floor but not to someone with small children. Also if you park your car in the back there is every night a security guard watching the parking lot.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Arianna H
Fountain, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

There was no breakfast and the Denny's across the street was horrible. There was no shuttle service from the airport. We had to wait an hour at the airport for their "taxi" to get us.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple