“Great Breakfast Joint”

Art's Skillet
Ranked #356 of 2,355 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenfield, Indiana
“Great Breakfast Joint”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I had seen a couple of newspaper ads for this restaurant and because it was not far away from us, I suggested going there one Saturday morning with my wife. The place was crowded but not overly so. We were immediately attended to and within 15 minutes I was enjoying Eggs Benedict and my wife was digging into her order of Corned Beef Hash and Eggs. Both came with perfectly prepared hash browns.

I'm normally a stickler about Eggs Benedict and I had no complaints here. Rather than being prepared with Canadian bacon, as is typical, this dish was prepared with a generous slice of smoked ham. The hollandaise was not too thick or thin and had lots of flavor. The poached eggs were cooked to perfection.

My wife's dish was what one would expect for corned beef hash which she almost always orders if available. Both of our dishes were served piping hot. One thing that I will ding a restaurant for is if their hash browns are overly greasy. Our servings were definitely not.

All in all, a pleasant experience and a place I would definitely recommend to friends. I'm looking forward to returning and trying other offerings.

• Visited February 2014