“Excellent, affordable date night!”
Review of Studio Movie Grill

Studio Movie Grill
Ranked #50 of 60 Fun & Games in Indianapolis
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Husband and I had never been to SMG, but found a deal on Groupon so decided to try it out! I am so glad we did! Hubby had buffalo chicken tenders with french fries and I had BBQ chicken sandwich. Both meals were delicious and very generously portioned. We ordered off the 2/$25 and added the dessert for $5. We ended up spending less than $60 including tip for dinner, dessert, and movie tickets. We will definitely be returning!!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Studio Movie Grill is a great concept...you order a meal while watching a new movie.

Pros: Pay half price on Groupon for the movie ticket right now ($5/person instead of regular $10). You can choose your seat ahead of time and the meal options are better than what I expected (not just hot dogs and pizza). Seats are also very comfy, and you push a big red button if you need something from the wait staff.

Downside: Even though this sounds like a good idea, it was distracting to have waiters/waitresses walking in front of us during the movie. Also I didn't realize how important it is to be able to see your food..I ordered Chicken Nachos and had trouble eating them in the dark. My suggestion is to get something easier to eat (like a burger) because I had to keep waiting for brighter scenes in the movie to find my food. Overall the experience seemed expensive (dinner would have cost the same at Applebees, but would have been easier to see)!

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Since it's opening I've been here at least a half dozen times and had a great experience every time. LOVE the fact I can reserve the seats I prefer, watch a current movie, get a great burger AND enjoy an adult beverage all while sitting in comfortable seats and no -I'm not doing so at home where I have to cook and clean up afterwards. Yep... this is my kind of place!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

New concept for us- Dinner and a movie with a twist- u eat your meal while watching a first run movie. All seems pretty cool, right??

Pros- Book your tickets to the movie and reserve your seat w/table on-line- so when u arrive- no waiting in the long line (if going at nite)
Get to eat while watching a movie in really comfy chairs w/nice leg room
Hubby did order a warm apple pie- cocktail... Angry Orchard Beer and Fireball whiskey- delicious!!!

Cons- You cant see the menu after the previews start, so go a little early if u want to order
You cant see what you're eating after movie starts, so u don't know if your order has what u ordered on it
Food was not at all hot when served
Kinda glorified "Pub" style food at best- not a lot of choices , and not real cheap!
Individual small tables at each seat, that don't move out of the way when u are done
Womens restroom was very tight- stalls and sinks were across from each other and not much room in between- and NO mirrors in there- have never heard of such a thing!! :)

All in all- it was a nt out for us, and we did enjoy our visit- just wont go back- Been there, done that!!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Seemed like a novel idea dinner and a movie all in one. But when we went the process of ordering was slow the staff was excellent with recommendations but we waited 25 min for our order to be taken then 20 more minutes to get our appetizer mind you had not gotten any drinks yet. 10 minutes later we got our drinks. Then almost 10 minutes before the movie was over we received our food. My chicken fingers and fries were amazing but my wife's burger was prepared wrog and was cold. Took another 10 minutes to get wait staff attention they comps the meal and made it right. It is a wonderful idea and should work great but maybe with a packed house have appetizers only?