“Extremely Noisy!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown
Ranked #7 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very frustrating experience. We were in a room next to the elevator and door to the stairs down to the pool. The rooms are attractive, but poorly sound-insulated so it was loud. This would have been acceptable (I know it is a public building, not a private home), but we also had several unbelievably loud rooms on our hall - teens and their parents that apparently don't mind if they run up and down the halls yelling, slamming doors, etc for hours at night. I complained to the loud visitors and when this didn't help to the front desk @ 11:30 p.m. They quieted them down after 30 minutes. In the morning when I complained that it was my worst hotel experience EVER they said "Sorry. We do take that seriously." yet they never mentioned discounting the room even though they have a "satisfaction guarantee or your money back". Not only that, but I asked for a late checkout and was given a 30 minute extension (or pay another 1/2 day's charge!). I might have gotten better service if I was willing to throw a fit, but that isn't me and wouldn't feel much like a vacation.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators, stair wells and poorly parented teens!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
hwsplainfield, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear valued guest,

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you were unsatisfied in regards to the noise you encountered during your stay. I totally regret that noise was disruptive to you and apologize that you're comfort was interrupted. I assure you that your comfort is our main priority and we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our property. Again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have had and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Best regards,

Eugene Hilliard CHA

Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was an excellent hotel! High ceilings, superb location,and very clean. We were in town for a Pacers game and were very happy with our choice of hotels. We plan to return in the summer with the children to visit the museums and zoo, and will definitely be booking at this Homewood Suites!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iluv2shop74
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We loved this hotel. The rooms were extremely big and clean. I loved the brick walls and high ceilings. Made the hotel very quaint. Beds were fair, I have had more comfortable ones. Not the best toiletries provided either. The breakfast was wonderful-make your own waffles, eggs and sausage, fruit yogurt and a lot more. Great location for basketball games or hockey games. Quite a few great restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My mom, aunts, cousin, and I decided to stay here on Christmas so we could shop at Circle Centre Mall the next day for after Christmas sales they'd be having. Had to stay another night since the roads weren't cleared. But it was such an excellent stay! The people at the front desk were very helpful and kind. The rooms are huge, and spacious. The beds are really comfortable, I would love to go back here!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Haleigh R
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

A colleague and I stayed in this hotel recently for a business meeting. The hotel is a refurbished historical building. Except for the fact that they are rather dark, the rooms are really quite nice with high ceilings and some of the original architectural details.

We were treated very cordially by the staff. This included small details like specially preparing a sausage free breakfast sandwich for my colleague who doesn't like sausage, helping me get on the Internet when I was having troubles, and giving me very accurate directions around town.

I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank packingstar
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Staying downtown Indy is always fun...
Homewood suites is the best value
Hot breakfast in the am. Evening lite fair with wine or beer
The rooms are huge very quiet and close to everything
The staff rocks .... Very friendly. And accommodating
Valet. Excellent Josh does a good job
With that being said... Stay here and be happy

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank iliketennis
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel always does a fantastic job. My family has stayed here four times and are always satisfied when we leave.

The lobby is very clean and always has cups of water and mints available. The staff are always friendly and greet you when you arrive. We arrived early before check-in and they held our bags behind the front desk telling us they would call when the room was ready while we walked around the city.

Once checked in, we went to our rooms and found a couch cushion was missing for whatever reason. We called the front desk to make sure they didn't charge us for it and another cushion was brought up within a few minutes.

The rooms themselves were large and had separate living and bedroom areas. The rooms were clean but it's apparent that the furniture and walls are beginning to show their wear. We had a hole in the wall in one of the rooms and there were nicks and scratches on the furniture.

The pool and fitness area were ok. They rearranged the fitness area and it seems like there were less machines and more open area for free-weights. Also, the pool area was nice with a bathroom, a shower, and was a decent size, but the pool had some strange growths or stains on the bottom.

Breakfast is pretty good, but not necessarily something you'd want to spend a week eating every morning. Everything is served buffet style and the yogurt was fantastic!

The location is a few blocks from Lucas Oil Stadium and is surrounded by bars. At night, there were a lot of partiers or drunks walking around near the hotel (during about 11pm-3am). We were out late and arrived back at the hotel and 3am and were sure it would have quieted down only to find the street blocked by police for a special event at one of the bars. But the staff were still friendly at 3 in the morning!

Overall, this hotel is clean, has wonderful staff and has a good location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family