“Huge rooms centeral location excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown

Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown
Ranked #5 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Huge rooms centeral location excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very clean, great central location you can easily walk to many local pubs and great restaurants. Indy is one of the country's best kept secrets unbelievable value excellent hotels, pubs, restaurants, and convention space. This location offers huge extra clean rooms, great staff all at very fair prices book it if you can get it. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Suites are huge bring friends!
1 Thank Greg D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Polish first
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We liked this hotel.

The location was great, very close to Lucas Oil Stadium and also to shopping and restaurants. It's in a beautiful old building. We had a one bedroom suite which was very spacious. Be aware that there is no door between the living area and the bedroom. We didn't care but it may be inconvenient for a family. The shower was nice with great water pressure. The room came with something rare for hotels that we stay in, a hair dryer that worked well instead of one of those awful attached to the wall types. The bed was comfortable. Heating was nice and quiet, although with the high ceilings you need to put the tempature up more than you would expect. Breakfast was fine, the half grapefuits were much appreciated. The hot foods were mediocre. Staff was very helpful and welcoming.

Being that the hotel is in prime nightlife area it can be very noisy at night. We were on the 4th floor overlooking an air shaft and we could hear music and people shouting until the bars closed. We also heard the garbage pickup the first morning. It was not a problem for us since I never travel without ear plugs but it is something to be aware of.

We travel to Indy yearly and usually stay elsewhere but we will probably return to this hotel next year.

One additional note: I booked the hotel several months in advance and on the day we were arriving I discovered a much lower rate. I called and was able to get the rate lowered at a substantial savings.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Tried a lot of different hotels but this one is definitely the best in term of value vs price
complimentary breakfast , big suites rooms very clean with large flat screen , food and drinks after work too , why pay more ! adopted for next trips

1 Thank xy00057
WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I am a HIlton Diamond member who travels extensively (43 stays to date this year) and have never felt a need/desire to right a review before (my first ever on this site or any other) but my experience at this property was poor to the extent that I felt it necessary to share that experience. First the good...this is a nice property with large rooms/suites which are well appointed. The bad starts with the noise in the room (alerted front desk and was told there was nothing that could be done) primarily from the live band stage that is located in close proximity to the property. This wasn't just a faint noise this was LOUD music for hours (I believe 5 to 9pm at the very least but I left the room as it was intolerable...I discovered that "concerts" are scheduled regularly on this stage and this was one of them. There is also a constant "drone" in the room I was in that sounds like a running semi or air conditioner heater??? My most disappointing experience was primarily service related and even more troubling was the response from the management team to that poor experience. The main issue was the with the valet service (see previous recent review from another customer RE a joy ride etc.). I rarely drive to my destinations and thus rarely use valet services but there are very few if any other overnight options at this hotel. The main issue was having my car available at teh requested time BOTH days (the first day was bad enough, the same carelessness two days in a row is completely unacceptable). I called ahead 30 minutes plus both days and both days when I got to the lobby. Ultimately, these delays caused me to be late for my initial meeting and almost for my second day meeting. The culture at this property from the managment person I spoke to on down was one of excuses and deflection of responsibility. The manager who responded to my situation wanted to focus on the fact I told one of his valet attendants he was a smart a__ because....he was a smart a__ who was condescending in his attitude and didn't seem to care less that their poor internal communication and or processes put me in a postion where my business may have been negatively impacted. After talking with the manaement later that day I understand why (i.e. the mindset of no repsonsibility and deflection started at the top). In the end not only can't I recommend this property but I would highly advise that anyone spending time in downtown Indianapolis for business or pleasure look to one of the other numerous choices of fine competatively priced properties in this same area. There is no excuse for poor cusotomer service that is repeated the second day and deflected by management. This would be a "terrible" rating if not for the quality (appointment/amenitites/decorating) of the rooms.

Room Tip: Look to the many other options available in downtown Indianapolis. There is significant room capacit...
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank ABTM1012
hwsplainfield, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. The problems you mentioned with the valet have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area.

Eugene Hilliard CHA, CRDE
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Came to town for daughters birthday. Great experience right from the start. Arrived early and were able to get right into our room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved the room, super high ceilings and lots of space. Very clean also. Walked everywhere we wanted to go and staff gave several great recommendations for food and nightlife. I would stay here again and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Oy my first night, but I am SO impressed. I love the old rooms, high ceilings and free dinner and drinks so far. On the buffet tonite - salad bar, Salisbury steak, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, mashed potatoes, roll and butter, gravy. Cheese squares. A Craft beer on tap plus Chardonnay or merlot. Water, lemonade, tea or coffee. All as much as you want included in the price of your room!!! Cool lobby too. Hangin out watching election tv. Ehhhh.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Goatlady8
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Everyone at this hotel are professional, helpful, and very nice! The Valet is exceptional, the Front Desk employee's are very helpful, and extremely nice. The rooms are so worth the price. There is a frig, microwave, dishwasher, coffee pot, couch, Flat screen TV. The bedroom has a desk, computer chair, another flat screen TV, the bed(s) are the Most Comfortable beds I have ever slept in at a hotel! They serve a great breakfast each morning with excellent choices. Mon-Thurs they serve a free supper which was outstanding! They also offer Beer, and wine for free with dinner. I was very impressed with this hotel. I know we all hate business trips, but I hope they have them more often in Indianapolis, so I can come stay here more often. Oh, I failed to mention... our driver that took us to our meetings each day was the BEST! He had a good personality, extremely nice, and very professional! If you are debating on a hotel to stay at and really want a TOP NOTCH stay.... Homewood Suites is the answer! Worth the money!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business