I am a HIlton Diamond member who travels extensively (43 stays to date this year) and have never felt a need/desire to right a review before (my first ever on this site or any other) but my experience at this property was poor to the extent that I felt it necessary to share that experience. First the good...this is a nice property with large rooms/suites which are well appointed. The bad starts with the noise in the room (alerted front desk and was told there was nothing that could be done) primarily from the live band stage that is located in close proximity to the property. This wasn't just a faint noise this was LOUD music for hours (I believe 5 to 9pm at the very least but I left the room as it was intolerable...I discovered that "concerts" are scheduled regularly on this stage and this was one of them. There is also a constant "drone" in the room I was in that sounds like a running semi or air conditioner heater??? My most disappointing experience was primarily service related and even more troubling was the response from the management team to that poor experience. The main issue was the with the valet service (see previous recent review from another customer RE a joy ride etc.). I rarely drive to my destinations and thus rarely use valet services but there are very few if any other overnight options at this hotel. The main issue was having my car available at teh requested time BOTH days (the first day was bad enough, the same carelessness two days in a row is completely unacceptable). I called ahead 30 minutes plus both days and both days when I got to the lobby. Ultimately, these delays caused me to be late for my initial meeting and almost for my second day meeting. The culture at this property from the managment person I spoke to on down was one of excuses and deflection of responsibility. The manager who responded to my situation wanted to focus on the fact I told one of his valet attendants he was a smart a__ because....he was a smart a__ who was condescending in his attitude and didn't seem to care less that their poor internal communication and or processes put me in a postion where my business may have been negatively impacted. After talking with the manaement later that day I understand why (i.e. the mindset of no repsonsibility and deflection started at the top). In the end not only can't I recommend this property but I would highly advise that anyone spending time in downtown Indianapolis for business or pleasure look to one of the other numerous choices of fine competatively priced properties in this same area. There is no excuse for poor cusotomer service that is repeated the second day and deflected by management. This would be a "terrible" rating if not for the quality (appointment/amenitites/decorating) of the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome home to Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown. Discover an all-suite, extended stay Indianapolis hotel with all the comforts of home and the attractions of Indianapolis city center only minutes from your doorstep. Within three blocks of Lucas Oil Stadium - home of the NFL Colts - this central Indianapolis hotel is only 15 minutes from Indianapolis International (IND) Airport. Your hot full breakfast is included every day. Enjoy the complimentary evening social* available Monday through Thursday, and stock your suite's kitchen with favorites from the Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown snack shop. Work smart in your suite, or in our snug lodge area with WiFi access included throughout this Indianapolis hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Indianapolis - Downtown Hotel Indianapolis
- Homewood Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Homewood Suites