Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown
The Alexander(Indianapolis)
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
    1,110 results
    All reviewsexposed brickshoe factorytall ceilingsfull kitchensmall windowrooms are hugemeridian streetvalet parkinglight dinnerwithin walking distancevalet serviceevening receptionbankers life fieldhousecomplimentary breakfastrestaurants and barsloved this hotelconvention center
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed May 16, 2012

I travel to Indianapolis several times a year for business and have stayed at several hotels there. This one is BY FAR my favorite. It's location is perfect for walking to restaurants or bars for dinner/drinks. The front desk staff went out of their way to be helpful and nice whenever I needed anything.

The rooms are beautifully done with huge wood timbers, brick walls, and extremely high ceilings. My room was kept spotless by the cleaning staff. The bed was comfortable and a/c worked perfectly. This hotel is one of the quietest hotels I've ever stayed in. I never heard people opening doors, walking down the hall, or noise from outside.

The free breakfast offered each morning was quick and delicious. I was happy to see hot, cooked foods as opposed to just continental breakfast. Free dinner was also provided but I did not partake in that so can't comment.

No room service is available but you can push a button to call the restaurant next door, Kilroy's, to order food and have it charged to your room. I did so my first night there and the wings I ordered were "ok".

Minor complaints: elevator was slooooow, need bigger trash can in the kitchen, should provide dish soap so that when using only one plate it can be hand washed instead of cleaning staff running the dishwasher every day, and wi-fi signal sketchy at times.

I will return to this hotel for all future downtown Indianapolis trips.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
    2  Thank zihuatcat
    Reviewed April 18, 2012

The location of this hotel is just off the center of downtown Indianapolis. But the hotel is close to Lucas Oil Stadium and there were some good restaurants and bars around it. Very convenient location.

The room I stayed was super large suite room! I stayed here for business by myself for one night, so this room was just too large for me, but I felt luxurious in terms of the room space. Another features of the room was exposed beams (looked very old beam), bricks and high ceiling.

Breakfast was just ordinary and nothing special, just like Hampton Inn breakfast.

The service was good, no problems with check-in/out and valet parking.

I would stay here again next time I need to spend a night in Indianapolis.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
    2  Thank Masahisa
    Reviewed April 6, 2012

Yes, the suites were beautiful. Breakfast and happy hours were nice. The location is amazing, in the heart of it all... But, truly because it's in the heart of it all, if you have any interest in getting a good night's sleep, don't even consider this hotel.

I'm not a light sleeper, but the noise surrounding this hotel is insane. They do have "sound proof windows"- but it doesn't even begin to stop the booming and thudding from the bars/clubs, the police cleaning up last call, and the over noise.
    I have lived in cites my whole life, so street noise doesn't bother me, but this was too much.

I was on the street side the first night, then asked to be moved- I got some slack from the managers, but was eventually moved to an interior room. It was slightly better, but I still needed to sleep with my phone's white noise and noise-canceling head phones with music.
    Apparently, this is a big issue, especially for Thursday-Saturday nights there- as said by the staff.

Otherwise, the place was really nice, clean, roomy, etc. The gym has 5 machines, so not great, but clean and not crowded.

Room Tip: Interior, if you have to. But, I really don't recommend this hotel.
    • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
    1  Thank lmas14
    goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear Imas14,

We appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests. My apologies for the disruptive sleep you experienced during your stay in the downtown area. Being the midst of it all we are subject to some city disturbances. We are close to many nightspots and are host to many conventioneers throughout the year. We have spoken to our neighbors and have tried to ensure our guests have a peaceful night's sleep. Thank you for all your wonderful compliments regarding our facility. We put forth great efforts to provide the best hotel environment for all our guests. Again, we do appreciate the feedback in order to allow us to improve. I hope that you’ll stay with on a not so busy week so we’ll have an opportunity to make this up to you.

Sincerely
    Eugene Hilliard

Reviewed April 5, 2012

If you are doing anything in downtown Indy this is the place to stay. The Homewood suites at the crossing (86th st) are also very nice, cheaper and close to Mall and shopping, however this one downtown one is the middle of it all. After our first stay here we have recommend these suites to all our friends and everyone loves it. Huge rooms with vaulted ceilings and full kitchens. A few updates could be done, but it still deserves 5 stars. As with all Hiltons' the customer service is next to none. In fact, since staying in our first Homewood Suites may years ago, it's the only place we stay

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
    2  Thank JoshBaskin
    Reviewed March 23, 2012

Frig doesn't work. Reported to hotel and the manager tried to make me feel like I'm crazy, kept saying that it's not going to freeze things. I KNOW that, but it should at least keep my milk, water and soda colder than lukewarm. Way too pricey to be treated like that. Can't really make complete use of the kitchen if I can't keep things cold. Not happy.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
    goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Dear joanbz,

I’m Eugene, General Manager at the hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience and misunderstanding regarding your room’s refrigerator. I deeply regret that you had a poor experience and our resolution was not to your satisfaction. It is never our intention to insult our guests in any way. Thank you for the feedback in order to allow us to improve. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel at (317) 636-7992. Please consider staying with us on your next visit so we have the opportunity to make this up to you.

Eugene Hilliard