“Don't go by photos online/information”
Review of Shadeland Inn

Shadeland Inn
Ranked #157 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Wow....I used to work at a hotel and this is a bad one...we moved 3 times to get a room clean enough....plus on our honeymoon...poor front desk lady only been there a short time...also no one told us the pool was closed big bummer. It will do...not very happy...good thing we won't be in the room long!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank abschmitt
rodewayinnindianapol, Webmaster at Shadeland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Although you commented more than a year ago, I want to make sure you understand that we read your comments at the time and used them in our continuous improvement efforts. Since the time of your stay, every aspect of this property has been reviewed and improved. Still, I’m sorry we fell short of your expectations so many months ago and hope you will try us again to see how we’ve changed and improved.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Very disappointed. Rooms are old. Indoor pool is closed. Breakfast is pastry(not very fresh) , coffee and apple juice.No coffee maker in room. No business center. No ice machine. uncomfortable beds. Had to wait 20 min at 3:00pm to get checked in.

Room Tip: pool side is nice but old if the pool was open
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank momtoeleven

Dear Guest,

I appreciate these comments from early last year. I can assure you that we have used these and other comments in our efforts to significantly improve and enhance this property. I hope you will visit us again to see how we’re better than ever. I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations all those months ago.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Jesus take the wheel! I was in town visiting my 2 yr old granddaughter and thought this looked like a nice place by the internet pics. First of all the front doors were rickety and didn't open well. The desk staff was rude and never smiled or greeted guests. The room we got was 129. The smell from the bathroom was horrific and all night we had to keep the door shut. The tub/floor were dirty. Had jets in the tub that didn't work. The blankets had holes in it. The fixtures were rusty and broken. The heating unit had a large blanket stuffed in it. There was so much dust behind and around the bed. We found 2 roaches. They advertised HBO but we only had 3 channels. None HBO. The pool was dirty and ice cold.There was a menu in the room for room service. The prices were outrageous 6.50 for a baked potato. 3.50 to package the food! Really? I went to get a cup of coffee in the lobby and was told that it was for breakfast. It was 9 pm! The next morning the coffee i couldn't get the night before was almost water. The continental breakfast consisted of dry muffins. And literally there was about 10 for the whole motel. The muffins ran out at about 8 am and they never put anymore out, even though it ended at 10 am. Before my family and I stayed here again I would sleep under a bridge!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ernestine w

Dear Guest,

Although we did not respond to this comment in 2012, I’m writing to let you know that this feedback was used as part of our continuous improvement efforts. This property has been significantly enhanced and improved since you stay, and I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations at that time. I hope you will try us again and see how we’re getting better every day.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Where do I begin? First of all the staff are rude! Then we get to the room . The bathroom smelled like a dead body. It was filthy. The door had stains all over it and didnt close properly. THe shower had water spraying out of everywhere but where it was spposed too!. Then a baby cockroach crawled across my pillow, the found an adult one on the nightstand. The tv had 3 channels and wa told there was HBO, never found it. There was a disgusting layer of dirt behind the beds and old ketchup packets. The light fixtures were rusty.The bed covers had cigarette burns and holes. The heater/ AC unit had a blanket stuffed in it. UMMM FIRE HAZARD! The pool was ice cold. The continental breakfast was so small I had to call and confirm that was it. About 10 muffins in a case, watered down coffee. I have never stayed at such a horrible motel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie W

Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate these comments from 2012 and apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. In the time since then, we have changed and improved every aspect of this property, including the staff. I hope you’ll visit again when in the area the next time and see how we’re better than ever before.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Website quates $39.99 night, was charged $53, but didn't use website. Roach found in bathroom! Room filty with visable fingerprints on both sides of bathroom doors, linens and curtains discusting! None of room cleaned properly. Pool NOT heated- but lobby is, and felt like sauna. No fridge or microwave as stated, only ONE ice machine in whole place and in back lobby. Party going on most of the night in "Ballroom"(Keep close eye on your personals!) Bed was okay, bath towels were new, staff at front desk were okay, but they need to fire cleaning staff (uncleaning, lazy staff) for sure! Also need to do repair work. Carpets filty and worn down, wallpaper peeling, needs painted. I have been in worse places- and will live. I dont eat Breakfast, so couldn't tell you about that, sorry

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Angelafate

Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations in some ways during this stay in 2012. Since that time, we have significant changed and enhanced this property and are now better than ever before. If you come this way again, please stop in to see how we’re better than we ever were before.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed here for GenCon 2012, and I was hesitant because of the poor reviews. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and larger than I expected. Low water pressure, but that's to be expected in a hotel. It was a great stay overall, and I will definitely be staying there again next year!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Babs B
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife and son were scheduled to stay two nights... After checking in and going to their room and not feeling safe they checked out as quickly as possible. If nothing else one should feel safe whether it's the Hyatt or the Roadway Inn.
Of course they wouldn't give my wife her money back for the five minutes she stayed. Maybe they can invest it into security measures.
Run away...fast!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Trent W

Dear Guest,

I appreciate these comments even though you are speaking on behalf of a relative rather than about your own experiences. Still, this is a safe, vibrant neighborhood and we take pride in it. Every aspect of this hotel has been enhanced since your comments in 2012, however, and we have reviewed our security features as well. I hope your family will try us again and see how we’re better than you ever imagined.