“my life at the conrad”

Conrad Indianapolis
Ranked #3 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed November 1, 2010

my husband, p.a. and i have traveled all over the world and been in over 100 different countries to be exact. We also have made it a point to stay at the finest hotels in the world. P.A. being a world traveler and a european and me being in the travel business many years ago have been a perfect fit to see the world and live out our dreams through destinations whether it be hotels, resorts, cruises,etc. we do think we are very knowledgeable about the world and travel and hotels...Today we have had the opportunity to sell our home on the northside of indy and full fill our dream. we moved downtown(i am a realtor with Sothebys here in indy) and love the market here especially the downtown area. Upon moving making a decision to move downtown there was only one place we wanted to call home. Today we are living in the hotel at the Conrad. Al Kite and his gorgeous wife, Marianne are the real reason we have moved in here. This is a world class operation thanks to al, The extraordinare, Greg Tinsley, the gm, and Brad Lingle, operations manager..who make life at the Conrad a dream turned reality. The staff they have from the minute you walk into the hotel is the best we have ever seen from the spa, the restaurants,TASTINGS and the CAPITOL GRILLE, the housekeeping, the valet, it goes on and on...If you ever want to stay in a world class hotel in the heart of indy or have an event of a lifetime, or a wedding or honeymoon you have it all here at the Conrad. The decor is amazing a real sight for bright eyes to see...Oh yes, and we are attached to the mall, all the theaters, dining and a five minute walk to the museums and the canal...I could go on and on...i will as i share all my downtown memoirs ...if you are ever looking for a reference you must reach me personally....thanks again...deborah dorman

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank deborahdorman

Reviewed October 22, 2010

I spent the weekend at the Conrad with my husband and friends for my birthday and to attend a Colts game. We had a great time. Our rooms were very nice and the location could not be better. Excellent restaurants all within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Stayed here one night in September and really enjoyed this hotel. Classy, with great service, and lovely restaurants.

Do try the wine tasting bar, it was great to have a chance to sample a lot of wines!

Compared to Conrad Chicago, this hotel is IMO actually better. Very attentive staff, nice breakfast area. Pricey, but worth it. I must admit I didnt find Indianapolis all that interesting, but locationwise this hotel is hard to beat.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I held a corporate at the Conrad in Indy last weekend and the service was absolutely perfect. We suffered some logistical problems and the staff did everything they could to help us overcome them.

Going the extra mile and simply part of a regular day's work at the Conrad.

We did not stay in the hotel, so can't comment on the bedrooms, but every other area in the hotel was spotless.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Good size, comfortable rooms. Great location and friendly, helpful staff.
Exceptionally great rates for a first class hotel.
What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2010

A friend and I stayed here for one night- we felt spoiled and didn't want to leave the hotel! Right in the center of downtown Indy, the location can't be beat.Great service, clean, with friendly staff and a much needed comfy bed. Have a bottle of wine and some cheese downstairs at Tastings, sit outside if you can and people watch.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2010

A wonderful hotel. The service is impeccable here from bellstaff to front desk. They have the perfect level of affability. Even completely discombobulated from the mess after the Colts game, the staff took me in stride as if nothing was wrong with this crazed guest. That's solid. The mark of a hotel's quality is always how they handle a tough situation. I was a bit tough. Long week of traveling, little sleep. Highway exits not marked very well as to where/when you should exit for downtown.

On sleep . . . the drapes are so dark and the bed so comfortable, I could probably have slept all day. It was a noisy neighbor who woke me up, not sure what he was doing in there but it was pretty loud as the rooms are sound insulated quite well. Wrestling with the goose neck lighting or something. Who knows.

My only complaint is that the Room Service menu is so steep since it comes from Capital Grille. Not that it's not worth the money but sometimes you don't want a full blown entree. Tastings is great although it is not a very welcoming space to the single traveler from a design standpoint and as good as the FD team was, the guys in Tastings were good but a little bit distracted despite the bar not being all that full. I also don't like that they are wearing Colts jerseys. I get why because of the fans and players coming in but they should do something more classy. We all agree that penguins suck, but let's get a standard uniform that incorporates an element of the Colts, something cute and funny. I felt like I was in BW3 and probably my perception of the service was worsened by what they were wearing.

A great hotel otherwise.