“Outstanding Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Larkspur, CA
“Outstanding Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

My daughter are I were thrilled with our stay at the Conrad! We were there for one night in order to see Lady Gaga's concert at Conseco. We were SO impressed by the hotel personnel--outstanding! The valet, doorman, bellhop, front desk, room service, maid...all were friendly and extremely competent. In particlar, our bellhop, Daniel, was just exceptional. He was helpful, engaging, and went beyond the normal duties of a bellhop---was more of a concierge!

The location was perfect: two blocks from the concert, near great restaurants (try Adobo Grill--awesome upscale Mexican food!), and connected to a great shopping mall. PERFECT!

As for the room, it was on the small size, but the bathroom was outstanding, the huge flat panel TV incredible, and the beds were some of the best we've slept in. And incredibly private and quiet. We had a great night's sleep. The only disappointment in the whole experience was there was a $12 charge for wifi. That should have been free!

Well, we were too happy to dwell on that. Upon checkout, our favorite bellhop came to retrieve us, we were offered child water for the drive, our car was waiting for us outside the hotel, and last but not least, the valet stopped traffic for us to enter the street! WOW!

I would have to say that this has been the best hotel I have ever stayed at...surpassing a wonderful stay I had on the Big Island at the Prince Kuhio (which also was a great hotel). I would definitely recommend it to anyone, and cannot wait to return for a longer stay to enjoy the spa, restaurant, and other amenities.

• Stayed July 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed at the Indianapolis Conrad - my second visit - during mid-July with my spouse. As with my previous trip, I had an excellent stay but was able to see more of the hotel on this visit. Specifically, the spa and pool area are absolutely outstanding. My wife spent two hours in the spa with a massage and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The pool, hot tub, excercise area and changing areas (complete with showers, steam room, and dry sauna) are all top-notch. Having just stayed at the Indianapolis Marriott, the spa and pool are areas where the Conrad really destinguishes itself from the Marriott.

The lobby and guest rooms are excellent as is the service in all aspects. The hotel accomodated my request for late check-out with no additional charge. The adjacent Capital Grill restaurant had excellent food (we only had appetizers.)

My only complaint is that Conrad relocated their business center to a small room off the lobby (originally located on second floor near conference centers). This is a much noisier and generally less appealling location. I wish they would reconsider moving it back to the second floor near the conference rooms for the advantages of being quiet and private.

All in all, if you can afford the Conrad, you can not go wrong.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Auburn, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was our second time to the Conrad. All I can say is...what a great hotel. The employees are over the top. Not one issue with any employee from check in to check out. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. The list goes on and on. If you stay here you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

I was in town for the first time for a mini-convention organized by my co. Most of my co-workers were booked at another hotel. I got lucky and got to say at the Conrad. Beautiful, comfortable, friendly, professional...Attached to the hotel there's The Capital Grille restaurant (that I did not get to try) and a wine bar called Tastings that was phenomenal. My only complaint is that the Internet access was not free.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

I was acknowledged through work & received a w/end stay here.
Our stay was just fantastic. Staff were so attentive & catered for our every need.
If you are looking for a perfect location for that special occassion, I can heartily recommend the Conrad. Looking forward to our return visit , soon!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

I loved this hotel. The service was great and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were big, clean and quiet. My room had a comfy king bed and nice sitting area. The room had two TVs, one of which was in the bathroom. The bathroom was clean and filled with things that you tend to forget: toothbrush, mouthwash, etc. Great restaurant in the hotel. I loved the decor. The chandelier in the lobby is awesome - be sure to check it out.

The only thing I did not like was that there was not a vending machine for snacks or drinks nor is there a gift shop on site. While the room had a mini bar and room service was available, I was too cheap to pay $5 for 12 oz of water. I ended up walking down the street to another hotel to buy water and soda as the drug store around the corner closed at 5pm (I was there on a Sunday).

I was bummed as I was only there for one night. There were pleanty of things to do. Soldier's and Sailor's Monument is about a block away and there are lots of great restaurants and shopping steps away. Looking forward to my next trip to Indy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

This was my first time to visit a Conrad and I was a bit skeptical as to what it would be like. The service was a bit shy of a Four Seasons, Mandarin, etc. However, the shower, towels, bed, and room were on par.

The hotel lobby was very nice. However, the front desk staff was a bit confused by a basic question regarding laundry service.

The rooms were very nice and clean. The furnishings were new and a bit heavy for my taste. However, there was no question they spent a lot of money on build out with guest comfort in mind.

The shower had two heads with lots of water pressure. The towels were plentiful, plush, and fresh. They also had nice toiletries, including a disposable toothbrush and toothpaste. There was a television in the bathroom. It had a separate bathtub and shower.

The bedroom had a nice working area with a good chair. However, as nice as the furnishings were they still had that Hilton feel to them, versus what you might find at a Mandarin Oriental or Four Seasons.

The bed was very comfortable. It had lots of soft pillows and great sheets. It also featured two LED night reading lights.

All in all, this was a clean comfortable place to stay at a competitive price. It has an area or two it could improve, but it's definitely in the top-tier of hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business