“Another Excellent Stay”

Conrad Indianapolis
Ranked #3 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed at the Indianapolis Conrad - my second visit - during mid-July with my spouse. As with my previous trip, I had an excellent stay but was able to see more of the hotel on this visit. Specifically, the spa and pool area are absolutely outstanding. My wife spent two hours in the spa with a massage and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The pool, hot tub, excercise area and changing areas (complete with showers, steam room, and dry sauna) are all top-notch. Having just stayed at the Indianapolis Marriott, the spa and pool are areas where the Conrad really destinguishes itself from the Marriott.

The lobby and guest rooms are excellent as is the service in all aspects. The hotel accomodated my request for late check-out with no additional charge. The adjacent Capital Grill restaurant had excellent food (we only had appetizers.)

My only complaint is that Conrad relocated their business center to a small room off the lobby (originally located on second floor near conference centers). This is a much noisier and generally less appealling location. I wish they would reconsider moving it back to the second floor near the conference rooms for the advantages of being quiet and private.

All in all, if you can afford the Conrad, you can not go wrong.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,506)

Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was our second time to the Conrad. All I can say is...what a great hotel. The employees are over the top. Not one issue with any employee from check in to check out. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. The list goes on and on. If you stay here you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I was in town for the first time for a mini-convention organized by my co. Most of my co-workers were booked at another hotel. I got lucky and got to say at the Conrad. Beautiful, comfortable, friendly, professional...Attached to the hotel there's The Capital Grille restaurant (that I did not get to try) and a wine bar called Tastings that was phenomenal. My only complaint is that the Internet access was not free.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I was acknowledged through work & received a w/end stay here.
Our stay was just fantastic. Staff were so attentive & catered for our every need.
If you are looking for a perfect location for that special occassion, I can heartily recommend the Conrad. Looking forward to our return visit , soon!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I loved this hotel. The service was great and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were big, clean and quiet. My room had a comfy king bed and nice sitting area. The room had two TVs, one of which was in the bathroom. The bathroom was clean and filled with things that you tend to forget: toothbrush, mouthwash, etc. Great restaurant in the hotel. I loved the decor. The chandelier in the lobby is awesome - be sure to check it out.

The only thing I did not like was that there was not a vending machine for snacks or drinks nor is there a gift shop on site. While the room had a mini bar and room service was available, I was too cheap to pay $5 for 12 oz of water. I ended up walking down the street to another hotel to buy water and soda as the drug store around the corner closed at 5pm (I was there on a Sunday).

I was bummed as I was only there for one night. There were pleanty of things to do. Soldier's and Sailor's Monument is about a block away and there are lots of great restaurants and shopping steps away. Looking forward to my next trip to Indy.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2010

This was my first time to visit a Conrad and I was a bit skeptical as to what it would be like. The service was a bit shy of a Four Seasons, Mandarin, etc. However, the shower, towels, bed, and room were on par.

The hotel lobby was very nice. However, the front desk staff was a bit confused by a basic question regarding laundry service.

The rooms were very nice and clean. The furnishings were new and a bit heavy for my taste. However, there was no question they spent a lot of money on build out with guest comfort in mind.

The shower had two heads with lots of water pressure. The towels were plentiful, plush, and fresh. They also had nice toiletries, including a disposable toothbrush and toothpaste. There was a television in the bathroom. It had a separate bathtub and shower.

The bedroom had a nice working area with a good chair. However, as nice as the furnishings were they still had that Hilton feel to them, versus what you might find at a Mandarin Oriental or Four Seasons.

The bed was very comfortable. It had lots of soft pillows and great sheets. It also featured two LED night reading lights.

All in all, this was a clean comfortable place to stay at a competitive price. It has an area or two it could improve, but it's definitely in the top-tier of hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Cleanliness: Hotel common areas were all very well kept.
Location: Hotel is within walking distance to all downtown Indianapolis restaurants and attractions (e.g. The Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument in 1898, etc.).
Rooms: Our room was very nice. We stayed in a corner suite.
Service: Hotel had two very nice restaurant/bar areas for guest to dine and have drinks.
Value: I think our rate was $399.00 per night. We were in-town during the FDIC show which is one of their busiest weeks.
Sleep Quality: Excellent.