“Housekeeping needs some serious Attention!!!”

Conrad Indianapolis
Ranked #3 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Hawaii
“Housekeeping needs some serious Attention!!!”
Reviewed September 11, 2008

I attended a seminar that was being held at the Hyatt (kitty corner to the Conrad) during the week of Aug. 18. Because I had a great deal of points, I decided to splurge my points on the Conrad since I wanted to treat myself to a well deserved rest. Conrad was rated so much better than the Hyatt (& even the Embassy which was right next door). So instead of using the freebie breakfast, etc. which comes with the Embassy, I chose to use the 200,000 points for the Conrad.

No problem with booking through the Hyatt rewards program. Got checked into the hotel (which seemed fairly vacant during my stay) all right. Very pleasant front desk personnel & was shown around my room by the luggage porter.

The room itself is VERY nice. The bed was so inviting, the bathroom was large & the shower had 2 large heads. TheTV in the room was crystal clear (great for watching the Olympics). It's great to have a TV in the bathroom for watching the morning news while you're getting ready. That part was excellent. Things just went downhill from there, considering the type of hotel this is.

I stayed 5 nights & every single day brought a new & unnecessary challenge. The coffee maker is a Keurig & it comes supplied with various single serve coffee/tea cartridges. That was great, but the sugar/creamer that was left was only enough for 1 cup. Call me weird, but I like a decent amount of sugar (real) & cream for my tea. On the first night, I also realized ththat the bathroom TV remote didn't work. I left a note for housekeeping that I needed more sugar/cream & about the remote. Came home Mon. afternoon from my class & the remote was repaired, but no sugar/cream was left. I went downstairs to ask to have someone replace it when I went out that night.

That night I used the comfy robe in the room after my bubble bath (by the way, the way the tub is situated, there is no choice but to flood the bathroom floor because the water that spills out on the sides funnels right to the floor -- design flaw!!). I hung it up & when I returned from class on Tues. night, it was gone. Assuming it was replaced, I looked in the closet, but no robe.

Wed. am, I left another note (with a tip daily) to replace the robe, sugar/cream reminder, shampoo replaced, etc. I shampoo/ condition daily & left the mostly used bottles in the shower, but they never got replaced, even when they went empty. Even soap was iffy. The towels were either 2 face clothes & no hand towel, until I asked for one. Well, I got the robe back, but no shampoo or sugar/cream.

By this time, I was pilfering the sugar/cream from our coffee table at the Hyatt and was doing a slow burn over this. I didn't think another visit downstairs should have to happen since the first time should have cleared it up.

Wed. afternoon I finally got another bottle of shampoo, but the hotel must have still been out of sugar/cream. The first 2 days a Conrad bottle of water was given, but it ended completely after that, so I don't know if that was a one time only thing.

On Thurs., I left a soaked robe that I hoped would be replaced (from another flooded tub soak), but when I got back around 5pm from my class, the room wasn't made up. I left about an hour later to go to a banquet & when I returned after midnight, it still hadn't been made up -- NOTHING!!!

I went to bed, no new towels, robe or anything. I was too tired & didn't want to yell at anyone. I checked out at noon on Fri. & told the front desk that my room wasn't made up. The poor girl didn't know how to respond, but muttered that I wasn't the only one that complained about that.

I don't know what on earth is going on with housekeeping there, but it needs to be addressed. I hope management reads this & reacts to the problem. Totally inexcusable for the type of hotel this is. I opted for this hotel since conferance hotels are usually overwhelmed & service suffers, but did this backfire on me or what? I'm sure this is not the norm for the Conrad brand, but my experience certainly was disappointing. The room was the only saving grace (but not when I didn't have clean, dry towels), but I just wanted to cry at some point. I wasted 200,000 hard earned points.

• Liked — the room itself was fabulous, even the standard room
  • Disliked — the horrible housekeeping
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank Waimanalo96795

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Indiana
Reviewed August 30, 2008

A friend and I decided to stay that the Conrad for the weekend of ISSMA State Marching Band Finals and we were not disappointed. From the moment we stepped into the beautiful marble lobby, we knew we had made an excellent choice. Check in was fast and easy, and the clerk was very friendly and interested in the reason for our stay and if we required any assistance. We stayed on the highest guest floor in a standard King guest room. The room was amazing, it would count as a studio suite at most properties. The bed was large with lush bedding, complete with a fairly sized sitting area with sofa and coffee table, and a very large desk. The flat screen HDTV was nestled in a very attractive armoir which was slim to the wall and very functional. The bathroom was decorate all in stone, glass enclosed shower with double showerhead, low powerflush toilet, and a very relaxing and large soaking tub. The bathroom also had a smaller flatscreen tv and a phone. Also, in the small hallway leading into the room there was a small table and butler pantry with the minibar. Breakfast from Room Service was great and very fast. We stayed for two nights and had a very relaxing weekend and thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. We will definitely be back again!

• Liked — Everything,
  • Disliked — Leaving :(
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indiana, USA
Reviewed August 18, 2008

This is a beautiful hotel! My wife and I stayed here while in town to see a show. The 1 king bed room we booked was huge, very clean, and very well appointed. Staff was very attentive and friendly throughout. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — first class!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Indyrk
Bar Harbor, Maine
Reviewed June 23, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Conrad last November during the Pats vs Colts game. From the second we got stepped foot in the hotels pick up car service, we knew we were in for a treat. The Conrad went above and beyond my expectations. The hotel was immaculate! The front desk & customer service staff were always one step ahead of me answering any question I had. They had great suggestions on restaurants and area shopping, as well as the best tailgating areas in the city before the big game. The only downside to our weekend trip was the Colts losing.

Next time we are in Indianapolis (and we are hoping it will be soon....we just LOVE this city!), we will definitely be returning to stay at the Conrad.

• Liked — Luxury accommodations & Staff
  • Disliked — That we didn't get to stay longer
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mdigirl
Michigan
Reviewed May 5, 2008

Had a pleasant stay at the Indy Conrad. There was a slight glitch with the room, but the staff and manager were on top of it and made sure that we were happy. Food at the lounge was good, and the attached Capitol Grille was fabulous. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Indianapolis.

Stayed May 2008
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed March 11, 2008

I am a VERY frequent business traveler. Hands down...this is one of the top 3 BEST hotels I have ever stayed at during my business travels (list includes Ritz, Four Seasons & JW Marriott). First-rate accommodations and service: check-in, room, amenities, room design, etc (I can watch The Today Show during my shower thanks to a flat panel in bathroom!). All top shelf!! Apparently, Conrad Hilton wasn't only smart in disinheriting Paris...he knows a thing or two on how to run an immaculate, first rate, top shelf hotel as well (before this, I was wondering why Hilton was still such a big hotel chain).

Staff: 1st rate in all respects - clearly they have employed those who take this job very seriously and know how to deliver. First time in Indy (fantastic city!) but I will be seeking out the Conrad brand for future stays in this and other cities (Gold Hilton member but didn't know about Conrad brand of hotels, sadly). Although I know I'm in a hotel, I really feel as if I'm at home, which is a huge plus for the frequent business traveler. Absolutely ZERO complaints (one minor warning - directions on hotel website from airport to hotel are wrong....call for directions). I hate to leave tomorrow. This place has been incredible. Already looking forward to my next say here!!!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank mkgesq
New York, NY
Reviewed March 8, 2008

This hotel was recommended to us by several people as the best place to stay in Indiana, but I was very disappointed during my stay there with my husband.

PROS: friendly staff, nice gym, good restaurant (Capital Grille), convenient access to the mall, at first glance it is a nice hotel

CONS:
1. the room was not clean - there were stains on the carpet and dirt on the bathroom floor
2. the sink was broken (the stopper was broken so water couldn't drain correctly - we finally had to remove it)
3. the shower couldn't hold any water (there was a huge puddle in the bathroom which flooded the toilet area after my shower)
4. some of the items in the room were dirty. My husband was going to make tea using the in-room water heater but the pot had some white residue in it and the cloth was filthy after he wiped the inside
5. Poor spa. This was the worst massage I had ever gotten. After being on a flight delayed for 8 hours, I really needed to have my back worked on and relax a little, but the most relaxing part of the "spa" experience was the foot scrub while they were taking my information. They have you go directly to a room before your treatment, and as soon as it is done, they expect you to just get up and leave. Other places I have been to allow you the time to just unwind and enjoy the facilities. But then again, this place didn't really have any lounging areas to enjoy. After asking if there was a sauna, I was given a locker, but there was something wrong with the sauna and it smelled of mold, so I didn't even get to sit in there to unwind. We originally wanted a couples massage, but they don't really offer those here. They proposed opening the door between 2 treatment rooms, but in the end, we're glad we didn't waste the money.
6. Bad in-room dining. Not tasty, and not worth the price.

• Liked — convenience & friendly staff
  • Disliked — quality/cleanliness
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family