“Another Very Good Stay”

Ranked #3 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Illinois
“Another Very Good Stay”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed at the Indy Conrad for two nights as I was in town for a seminar. The location cannot be beat in terms of proximity to everything in downtown. Room was very nice. The biggest plus was the staff. I was hindered by being on crutches and everyone from the Bell staff to the front desk went out of their way to help me. Kudos to them. If I could change anything, it would only be that internet access in the room would be free.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

conradindy, General Manager at Conrad Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Martin.

I am truly glad that we were able to welcome you back to Conrad Indianapolis for another stay! We take great pride in our staff and I am happy to hear that all of our team members were so helpful while you were in town.

Please feel free to reach out me directly the next time you are in Indy. We hope to become your home here in the Circle City!

Thank you again, Martin.

Greg.Tinsley@conradhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My daughter, her college roommate, and I spent one night here prior to an event we attended. I booked directly with the hotel by calling them as opposed to using a third party service or even their web site, because I wanted connecting rooms for us. Just a mom thing -- I wanted to be able to know the girls weren't but a doorway away. I advised the reservations agent that I needed connecting rooms and that we would be driving in from the south and so would arrive after 7 pm. I was assured there would be no problems and that our rooms would connect. This is important because upon arrival (at 7:30) I was told there were no connecting rooms, that nothing had been noted on my reservation, and that the best they could do was two rooms down the hall from each other. I wasn't pleased. Immediately the Seinfeld 'you can take a reservation but you can't keep a reservation' line came to mind. The front desk clerk was very kind and tried to find out what happened -- even called for the manager who was not at all helpful. I was told that two rooms down the hall was the best I could get. Period. Then rooms were found but were dirty and needed cleaning (at that hour???). I said we needed to freshen up before getting dinner after our long drive so their 45 minute wait wasn't really helpful. The manager suggested we use the fitness center (and though I was calm and polite to that point I thought I might lose it). We declined that offer and decided to maket the best of the two other rooms. I repeated that I was disappointed that this happened despite my calling the hotel directly and being assured we would have this simple request, which was available at the time of my reservation. He didn't seem to have anything further to say and so walked off. Suddenly the sweet lady helping us found two connecting rooms (which had suddenly opened up??). She also offered us breakfast vouchers -- again, very nice and certainly not required. The girls were exhausted and wanted dinner, so we took those rooms, freshened up, and went about our evening.

The rooms were fine -- the girls had two double beds and a well appointed bathroom. My king room was well laid out and the linens were nice. We appreciated the opportunity to order better pillows, though were too tired to care. The rooms connected via a hallway that we could lock to the outside -- but the bolt was loose and needed repair to truly be effective. I didn't like finding a used k cup pod in the brewer the following morning, that's sloppy housekeeping. Otherwise the space was fine, rooms were clean (other than the coffee area) and bathrooms nice. The girls only had one washcloth in their room -- odd for a double. Luckily I had three. Again, sloppiness on the part of housekeeping.

At 9:30 pm the manager did call to ask if there was anything we needed and to let me know he was glad the room situation worked out. That was nice.

In this day and age paying extra for internet at a hotel that bills itself as upscale and tries to cater to all customers is strange. I've paid less at other hotels and enjoyed free internet. But then what I think this property doesn't get is that it's the little things that matter: attention to detail, honest and thorough reservations notations when guests make requests that aren't unusual, etc... We wanted nothing more than what we asked for and paid for - that's it. There are many options in Indy and we've stayed at several of them in the past. I don't want to stand at a front desk again and wonder if my reservation will really be in the system as I requested it.

Room Tip: I thought calling the hotel directly when making special reservation requests would help but I was w...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Tx
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I am a HHonors Diamond member so I stay in about 35-40 Hilton properties per year. This property is just average. The internet is slow. The room was not very clean. And the staff was not very courteous. I would recommend finding somewhere else to stay.

3 Thank DrJVH
conradindy, General Manager at Conrad Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Diamond HHonors Member, we sincerely appreciate your business. Our main priority is for our guests to feel welcome and have a comfortable stay. I do however understand from your review that you were not completely satisfied with our property and I sincerely apologize if we fell short of your expectations. I'm disappointed that you felt your experience was only average. Our goal is your 100% satisfaction and I'm sorry to hear that we failed to achieve this in your visit.

I do appreciate your comments, as it gives us an opportunity to improve upon our quality and services. If you are back in Indianapolis in the future, please feel free to reach out to me directly. I would be happy to handle your reservation personally, to ensure you are provided with the exceptional stay you deserve.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Greg.Tinsley@Conradhotels.com
Pound, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The only reason the Indianapolis Conrad did not receive a five rating was the internet. It irks me to pay $14 a day for internet in an upscale hotel when many less expensive lodgings include it in the rate. The internet connection was very spotty and slow on the laptop. Also, we had to call for a key for the mini bar because they forgot to give us one at check in. Otherwise, this was a fantastic stay. We had a king deluxe room which had a sofa, coffee table, upholstered chair and ottoman, and spacious work desk. Ask for a higher floor for a better view of the city. There were lots of outlets by the desk and bed to charge electronics. I had a three to one outlet adapter along but didn't need to use it. Marble floored bathroom with a double shower head, separate bathtub and tv was very nice. Towels were large, soft and fluffy. The pillow top mattress was very comfortable and they offer a pillow menu with a good range of options if you don't like the ones on the bed. Complimentary robes and slippers were in the closet for relaxing in the room. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job of cleaning the room. The well equipped fitness center, lap pool and hot tub located in the spa were free for guests to use. There are locker rooms available for changing into swim suits with robes provided for cover up to walk to the pool. Room service was prompt with large portions of fresh tasting food. The turkey club sandwich is huge, easily feeding two people. There is a keurig coffee maker with complimentary coffee and tea in the room.

If you don't want to pay for room service for breakfast, there are other options within walking distance for a quick breakfast. It took me ten minutes to walk to Panera, order breakfast to go and return to my room. It's located down the escalator in the skywalk to the mall so I didn't have to go out in the rain to get there.

The downtown location is great. The hotel is connected by skywalk to the Circle Centre Mall for shopping or dining. There are so many good restaurants and bars within walking distance that it's hard to decide where to go. We walked to J Hamman's (formerly Mo's) for steak and sea bass for dinner and had a fantastic meal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for a better view. When I asked, it was the same price as a room o...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
conradindy, General Manager at Conrad Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your detailed review.

It was wonderful to hear that our amenities, location and team made your experience in Indy such a memorable one.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly the next time you are in town. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad!

greg.tinsley@conradhotels.com
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Excellent service for years! The Conrad has delivered beyond expectation and to their motto each and every time I have stayed. The accommodations, service and welcome are outstanding! Look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your kind words, Kera. I truly enjoyed reading about your stay this month.

We pride ourselves on the service we deliver to guests and are always looking to exceed expectations!

Please feel free to reach out to me directly when you head back to the Conrad. I look forward to welcoming you back!

Fishers, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Indianapolis Conrad is Centrally Located Downtown compared to their competition. Everything is upscale, the indoor pool is relaxing and the Spa was just what we needed. We did a Couples Massage and it was so nice. The bar in the Capital Grill is wonderful and happening. You are in walking distance from Shopping, Restaurants and Night Life. We live in Indianapolis and look forward to get away from it all and go to the Conrad.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback, Steven.

It was wonderful to read about your enjoyable fall getaway here at the Conrad! We are truly proud of our partners and I am pleased to hear that Evan Todd Spa & Salon and The Capital Grille provided great service during your stay.

Please feel free to contact me when you head back downtown for another getaway. We look forward to welcoming you back, Steven!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed at the Conrad for a weekend getaway, and it was awesome! Hotel is in a great location and withing walking distance of many restaurants and shops. The staff was friendly, and the room was clean & spacious. Housekeeping did a great job of cleaning and stocking our towels. We were very happy with the location and cleaniness (our #1 priorities). My only complaint is the cost of the internet access.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, Beth.

I am glad to hear that we successfully met your top priorities during your weekend getaway!

Please feel free to reach out me directly when you head back to the Circle City. We look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Indianapolis!