“Great stay”

Ranked #3 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Minneapolis, MN
“Great stay”
Reviewed February 8, 2008

Everything about my stay here for 2 nights was almost perfect. From the check in process. Nice touches like the bellman sneaking a look at my luggage tag, radioing to the front desk so when I got up therey, they already started the check in process.

Of substance, the room I had was very large and extremely comfortable. Large flatscreen TV, free wifi, huge bathroom. Perfectly clean. Overall, the room is hard to fault. The fitness center is good. Only two treadmills which is a problem but the equipment is great and the place is very clean. The capital grille is a wonderful restaurant. Great wine list, the 14oz filet I had was perfect.

The location is nice. I didn't go shopping but saw a lot of nice stores. There are many restaurants nearby. Oceanaire is a great restaurant. There are plenty of bars and things like that nearby.

I am definitely going to only stay here when I return to Indianapolis. Clean, comfortable, reasonably priced.

• Stayed February 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Chicago area
Reviewed February 5, 2008

This hotel is certainly nice enough, but really not much different than many 3 and 4 star hotels. Additionally, it doesn't seem on the same par of 5 star hotels in other midwest locations such as Chicago. The entire stay was overwhelmingly average and inconsistent. The staff was cordial, but not overly kind or friendly. The double room is advertised as being the same as the king, but it lacked any sort of casual seating. Exact quote from the website regarding the double room: The Deluxe Two Double rooms offer the same comfort and upscale amenities as the Deluxe King rooms, but they also feature an additional bed with Conrad's signature upscale bedding which is unique to the brand. However, there was no couch, arm chair, or other casual seating in the double room. I was quite unhappy that the only place to sit in the room was the desk chair ... not comfortable. Overall, the room was rather small and not conducive to relaxation. The room was clean, but the towels in the bathroom were stained. We were told that parking was $30 a night, but then only charged $25 for our entire stay (3 nights -- no one could give a reason). The food was adequate, but the wait staff made the experience feel rushed. The wireless internet was slow and spotty. The pool was closed, but the exercise room was nice. Simply too inconsistent for the price and the 5 star rating.

Stayed January 2008
Paoli, Indiana
Reviewed February 1, 2008

I just returned from a two night stay at this property and wanted to share my experience. Every aspect of my stay was outstanding - from the check-in process to the valet delivering my car when I was ready to leave. As a woman traveling alone, I especially appreciated the security provided and professional service exhibited by all members of the staff. The room was lovely and the bed was absolutely luxurious. The evening turn -down service was a real treat - complimentary bottled water by the bed, fresh ice in the silver ice bucket, jazz music softly playing from the bedside CD player, and lights on dim in the bathroom with the TV in the bathroom turned on to the next day's happenings at the hotel. My request for a late check-out was accommodated with no problems. When the bellman noticed that I had been waiting for a few moments to check-out, he proceeded to handle the whole process at his station, even offering to print out directions for my trip out of the city. While I did not visit either of the restaurants on-site, the food provided for our meetings (breakfast and lunch for three days) was very tasty and well presented...all the participants anticipated the next day's offerings, as they were so much better than the fare usually provided at meetings of this sort...another real testimony to this hotel's standards. I am looking forward to returning with my family.

• Liked — Professional service and attention to detail
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 24, 2008

I have stayed at the Conrad twice within the last 2 months for business. This is my hotel of choice for Indianapolis because of the excellent service and fabulous rooms. I love the beds - they are a dream. The bathrooms are large and beautiful. I love the fitness center because the equipment is well maintained and they provide water and towels.

I book my trips to Indianapolis around being able to stay at the Conrad now. If it's not available I won't go. It's wonderful to be spoiled a little when you are on the road away from home for business.

• Liked — Beds are wonderful
  • Disliked — Trying to figure out how to make coffee
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
oklahoma
Reviewed January 15, 2008

This hotel is in a great location directly across from the circle city mall and many restraunts. The staff was very friendly. When we first arrived, our room was not ready, so they gave us some drink vouchers for the bar and told us it would be ready in about 30 min. It was and the room was excellent. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've slept in while staying in a hotel and I am very picky. Comparable to the Westin heavenly beds. Nice shower and big bathroom. Overall I can't think of any negatives about the hotel. The restaurant is overpriced and not all that great. Go down the street to one of the other ones (many to choose from).

• Liked — Location and comfort
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank oklahomasooner00
US
Reviewed January 13, 2008

The Conrad is a beautiful hotel and certainly stands way above any other major hotel in town. The rooms, beds, bathrooms are first rate. And the restaurant/bar Vitesse is terrific as is the Capital Grille, although the Grille is not owned by the Conrad. The thing about the hotel that's really irritating is the lack of attention to detail. For example, when we arrived, the sitting room in our suite was freezing. The air coming out of the vent was cold. We called, and of course it was fixed right away, but after a while it got to be 80 degrees and stayed that way the rest of the stay. We couldn't use the room at all. It turns out that the registers have to be adjusted manually to either hot or cold. So if your room gets too hot, it requires an engineer.

Both the toilets stopped flushing at the same time. We called downstairs and then left the room to have breakfast. An hour later they were still not working. We called again, and somebody finally came up. Turns out he was busy fixing a problem in the garage. The hotel only has one person who can use a plunger?

I took a shower just before we were ready to leave. I opened the drawer and discovered the hair dryer was missing. I waited about ten minutes (3 phone calls) with dripping hair before somebody delivered the dryer.

None of these items are a big deal, but this is a hotel that claims to be special and unique and as far as I can tell, the customer service is NOT either of these things. I probably won't stay at the Conrad again.

If I were the manager of this hotel, I would make sure that more than one person could come up with a plunger so that a guest doesn't have to wait. And what about a checklist for the cleaning people. Bathrobe, check, shampoo, check, hairdryer, check.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Indyblonde
Louisville
Reviewed January 2, 2008

I just returned from a two night stay and disapointment is an understantment. From the time I checked in until I left there were ongoing problems with the service. Curb side service was non existent. Check in time was 3:00 PM. I got my room at 4:00 PM. It took repeated requests to have the down pillows and comforters replaced despite making this request with my reservation. An extra bathrobe was requested and finally delivered at 2:00 AM. An order to room service was lost and never delivered. The resturuant basically ran out of food New Year Eve morning. We were not charged for the meager selection that remained. For the price the level of service was dismal. This will be my one and only stay.

• Liked — The facility was fabulous
  • Disliked — The service was terrible.
  • Stayed December 2007