“Staff Slipping”

Conrad Indianapolis
Ranked #3 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We've stayed here numerous times in the past couple of years and still love it. The room and facilities are all deluxe class. The hotel staff on this trip seems confused and took a inordinate amount of time to complete mundane tasks. The only exception was outstanding response when using the "Guest Service" button on the phone. Still like the property, but Hilton Honors raising the points required from 40,000 to 50,000 pe freer night is not justified in my opinion.

It still is Indianapolis' best, but it's no Waldorf-Astoria either.

Room Tip: Avoid any room ending in "24". On lower floors, you'll have no view and the actual be...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ForkItOver
There are newer reviews for Conrad Indianapolis

Reviewed May 2, 2012

We had two stays at this hotel this year and enjoyed each one very much. Ideal location. Service that cannot be beat. Capital Grill next door that is always great. Very high class and worth the price.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I attend a major trade event in Indianapolis every April and have stayed at the Conrad Hotel every year since it first opened its doors. Why I have never left a review on this site before I do not know but this year and all other previous years have one thing in common. The hotel is fantastic and what maes a great hotel is the people that work there. I could write for ages about the quality of the Conrad but all I really want to say is that if ever you get the chance to stay there, do so. It is not the cheapest hotel by any means but I am a firm believer in the old saying "you get what you pay for". Every single member of staff from the General Manager to the cleaners that clean and turn down your room make you feel so extremely welcome. The whole hotel is buzzing with friendliness and professionalism. As entioned before, I have stayed since the Conrad opened its doors. I am recognised by my name and there is never anything too much that they can do for you. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the facilities are second to none I could go on and on. A big thank you must go to Jeff Rossier who is director of front office who has been making the stay from initial reservation to check out an absolute dream. A big thank you must also of course go to every single member of the great team that make the Conrad such a dream. I'll most certainly be back again next year and the year after and the year after etc etc.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Overall I had a very pleasant stay at the Conrad. Front desk service is excellent, guest rooms are beautifully decorated and the on-site wine bar is a welcome change from the typical hotel sports bar.

There are a few glitches-first and foremost is the wireless Internet. While it was included in my rate, it is quite pricey. I also travelled only with my iPad and connectivity was terrible. I was required to log on every 10-15 minutes during use. I was told at the front desk it is a known issue with Apple products.

Housekeeping was also good but stingy on refreshing items such as toiletries and sugar / creamer for coffee. I also agree with an earlier reviewer - the room service menu is exceedingly expensive. My pasta with marinara - no meat - was $24.

Perhaps the most comical but annoying glitch is the elevators. You are required to insert your hotel key card and then press your floor. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not. I bumped into many travelers taking unwanted trips in the wrong direction or to the wrong floor despite having inserted their hotel key.

I definitely recommend the hotel - would love to see the glitches fixed prior to my next stay.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This was the best hotel i stayed in during my visit to USA in January. The rooms were spacious and clean. The washrooms too were great with beautiful fittings.
The staff was very friendly. The best things about the hotel is the location. Everything felt so near to the place, pretty much at the walking distance. The mall and champs right across the road added to the convenience factor. However it was the only hotel during my stay where the wifi wasnt complementary. It was free at lobby though.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SyedAdeel
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The Conrad Hotel (a Hilton Brand) sits on Prime, Grade A real estate directly across the street from Circle Center Mall and is completely surrounded by the bustling restaurants and retail of downtown Indianapolis.

The service is impeccable. The staff are outstanding. Sometimes when you stay at a high-end hotel, you get staff who confuse snobbish and unfriendly behavior with providing first-class service. At the Conrad, you get first-class service without the attitude.

From the moment you step off the elevator onto your floor, you know you are lodging in luxury. This hotels theme is elegance, and they paid attention to the little details. The soft lighting. The glossy, wooden doors. When you open the door to your room, you are immediately taken in by the timeless, classic styling of the furnishings. Granite top on the dresser. Beautiful linens. Sumptuous fabrics. The bathroom has an lcd tv a stand alone shower and a deep, tub. It's like a small home away from home.

If I were finding a place for a celebrity or important client, *this* is where I would put them. Hands down. I've stayed here twice. Once for a birthday gift to my husband not long after they opened. They prepared a beautiful plate of special desserts for him (that I'd pre-ordered). This time we just had a weekend getaway. Just a lovely place to be.

You will feel SPOILED after a short stay here.

Room Tip: Honestly, I'm not sure you can go wrong with any room here.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dennisfan
Reviewed April 1, 2012

From the moment I pulled up, the service at the Conrad was excellent. I was greeted warmly and professionally. The front desk staff was great and fast. My room was beautiful. I was pleasantly surprised that shortly after my arrival, the staff knocked on my door and brought me and ice bucket with ice plus 4 bottled waters. The bed was comfortable and I loved the layout of the room. The sitting area was perfect for sitting and chatting. The bathroom was well appointed with a separate shower and tub (plus a tv for viewing while in the tub). We enjoyed our breakfast at the Hotel's Capital Grille. The food was excellent and the service superb. Thanks for a great visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street instead of the alley. A higher floor will also allow you a better...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business