“I Didn't Want To Leave!”

Conrad Indianapolis
Ranked #3 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I spent four fabulous nights at the Conrad in March of 2011. What a treat! The decor is tasteful, the staff friendly and efficient, the room was spacious and beautiful, and the bed was more comfortable than my own.

I dined in both Tastings and The Capital Grille, and loved everything I ordered, from breakfast to a late night burger.

If I ever find myself in Indianapolis again for business or pleasure, I will definitely treat myself to another stay at the Conrad!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,506)

Reviewed March 29, 2011

Yes, the hotel is very beautiful with a luxurious feel- but you can read that in all of the other reviews. Here are some of the items that I thought were most pertinent:

-Valet parking is $33 a night. We found that a bit steep, considering additional tips. We decided to park at an overnight parking garage (Merchant's Garage, I think). It was $16 for 24 hours and less than a five minute walk from the hotel, which we figured would be faster than doing valet. Do some research on Google Maps to look around for what is best for you.
-Yes, the elevators are fast, but they also say that you are on the desired floor seconds before you actually stop. This gave me a few brief heart attacks when going to the lobby thinking that we were crashing into the ground.
-The rooms are very nice, but somewhat small for what I expected. We had a King room.
-The TV is very large for a hotel, but with a limited channel selection. I don't think anyone really wants to watch the exercise channel when on vacation or on a business trip.
-The bathrooms are FANTASTIC and very clean. I did not find any hair in the shower like I normally do in other hotels. They include a soaking tub, glass shower with a duel shower head, phone, TV, dimming lights, hairdryer, and a make-up mirror. Towels are over sized.
-Lots of fun bathroom goodies including shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap, body lotion, q-tips, dental picks, mouthwash, nail file, and a dental kit (which includes the smallest- and therefore, cutest- toothpaste I have ever seen. The products were all very nice and of good quality.
-The hotel offers free bottled water at the desk if you ask. However, it is not chilled.
-Turn down service includes getting the bed ready, dimmed lights, light sconces by bed turned on, music, and free bottled water and ice.
-We ate breakfast at the Capital Grille using the coupons we were given (I think because we are Hilton Honors members). They were good for a free continental breakfast (assorted pastries and fruit with coffee, juice, etc.) or $10 off a meal. My husband opted for a meal that included eggs, potatoes, bacon, toast, fruit, and coffee (normally $14). I got the Healthy Start meal with came with fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries) and tons of yogurt and yummy granola (normally $11). Both meals very excellent. However, it was a very fancy restaurant, and we felt under dressed in jeans among the business travelers we dinned near. However, when we left we saw many others dressed like us. It was hard to tell what the dress was before entering because you cannot see into the restaurant before you enter.
-The hotel is connected to a sky walk (called the Arts Garden), which will take you to the Circle Centre Mall (lots of good shops!), without having to go outside.
-Yes, the hotel charges for internet, but we saw a sign in the Arts Garden for free wi-fi. It is connected to the second floor of the hotel with lots of places to sit if you really don't want to pay.
-There are plenty of restaurants surrounding the hotel, Rock Bottom Brewery, Weber Grill, Panera, Champps, Hard Rock Cafe- just to name a few.

Overall, we were both very happy with our stay and would return again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pinkmingos
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Stayed for one night March 19th, had two rooms, was on a govt leisure rate of $91, so I had an amazing deal before even checking in. But the Conrad goes above and beyond what ordinary hotels do for service ( which is what they are known for). We were celebrating a childs birthday, so I called the desk that morning to ask about an early check-in( kids wanted to swim). They graciously went out of their way to make sure that happened, and left a small box of chocolates at turn down that evening. All employees were helpful, and the rooms were immaculate. Huge flat screen in the bedroom, another smaller in the bathroom, along with a soaking tub and a separate glass shower. Beds were very comfy. Didnt eat in the restaurants so cant comment on the food. Only thing I would ask is free wi-fi should be a given at this type of hotel ( its $13.95 a day). This hotel definitely deserves the #1 rating in Indy.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I was fortunate this March 7th to celebrate my birthday with 20 of my closest family members all at the Conrad in Indianapolis. They came from L.A., Boston, Chicago, Florida, Cincinnati, and right here in Indianapolis. They all stayed at the Conrad and felt like 5 star guests. They were treated royally and anytime they needed something, it was only a phone call away.They swam, they shopped at the attached Circle Centre Mall, and ate in some of Indys best places. Yet the BEST places to eat were right here in the Conrad, Tastings, The infamous Capital Grille(a smaller family gathering for 7) and of course my big birthday dinner was on the 2nd floor in the London room for 26 people. It was so spectacular, the food, the display of the food, the service from Greg and Kevin, etc. you can not imagine until you have had the experience yourself. Thanks to Liz Mok from the Conrad who arranged it all for me and then had Kevin and Greg and The Conrad Kitchen do all the rest. I do think that atleast once in your life you need to have a party whether big or small at the Conrad so you too will get the gift of a 5 star royal treatment. My family has come and gone yet the memory will be with them forever of a great time here in Indy's best hotel and i know my sisters were thrilled to be able to thank the owners of the hotel personally for their great stay...!!!!!!! My birthday was the best ever...Thank you Conrad and staff for a job well done. Deborah Dorman

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank deborahdorman
Reviewed March 7, 2011

This place. Is. ILL. For a young traveler makin his way to NYC it was a little slice of heaven for real!!! The mirrors in this place are off the hook you gotta see em and theres a mall like right there connected to everything. Got some sweet kicks and everybody's real flirty and nice. 19 thumbs up to my mommies at the mall by the conrad.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I would highly recommend it! Would certainly stay again, and the LIGHTING was superb! Every strength on the dimmer made me look 20 years younger! Cancel the facelift!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with one of their package deals for a room plus Museum package. What can I say, beautiful hotel, great atmosphere, great location and great staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a romantic or business stay in Indianapolis.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple