“Will not ever go back”

Caribbean Cove Indoor Water Park
Ranked #159 of 172 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Gather up your little squirts and jump into a 50,000 square foot tropical explosion of year round water fun where you'll find an island full of squirts, sprays, slides and surprises. No matter the season, it's alway summery inside Caribbean Cove Hotel & Water Park. Drift lazily around the park on our leisure river. Relax in our spas or explore Castaway Bay Interactive Island. Then hold on tight for the ride of your life on two 40-feet tall by more than 267-feet long aqua whiz tube slides. These slides shoot guests outside the water park, around the building and back inside the park... before final splashdown into the plunge pool. The not-so-faint-of-heart can climb aboard the 40-feet tall x 388-feet long super flume slide sending them spiraling throughout the park. It is pulse-pounding excitement for those who dare! In between all of the splishing and splashing, discover lots of fun at Crazy CoCo's Arcade, Calypso Cafe and Caribbean Cove Hotel's separate indoor recreation center featuring billiards and a putting green. Make a BIG splash or make a little splash, Caribbean Cove Hotel & Water Park offers plenty of splashtacular fun for guests of all ages!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Toledo, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Will not ever go back”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Starting off, the pictures on the hotel website are deceiving. The place may have looked that ten years ago but nowhere close to that now. It is hard to get an answer when you call the front desk. I tried to call about getting more towels and eventually they answered. We got our towels 4 hours later. The hotel room looks decent when you first walk in but then I started noticing everything. The toilet paper holder was broken. The sink leaked underneath and soaked our feet. The springs in the mattress were broken, the headboard was busted, there were outlet covers that were broken, and the sliding glass door leading to the balcony did not lock. The air conditioning unit was very noisy and woke me up everytime it turned on. There were stains everywhere on the carpet and I was afraid to walk barefoot on the carpet. The waterpark area was very run down. We got there almost as soon as it opened and they were completely out of towels. It took almost 45 minutes before we got any and then they were very thin and stained. The water was barely warm and the bottom looks brown and dirty. The water fixtures that kids can climb on seem to be very old and two of them were broken but there was no sign or warning of it. It was snowy and icy the night we got there and no one bothered to shovel or put down salt until the next the day so the walkways to the entrance were slippery and dangerous. One bad thing after another it seemed. While trying to go to sleep, we could hear everything and it was very noisy all night. Will not ever return here and would never recommend this to anyone.

5 Thank Stacy W
CCH M, Manager at Caribbean Cove Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very sorry that you were checked into a room that had not been cleaned and the our Front Desk staff did not take care you. I have scheduled a Front Desk meeting and I will have this issue addressed. We strive to give the best customer service as possible and I am sorry that you were not taken care of properly.

Indy
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Won't return.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were checked into a dirty room, and when we called down to have it cleaned, they didn't even offer to move us or apologize about the mistake. They just sent housekeeping up. We had no intention of moving to another room, but after staying at many hotels and working in hotels before, I know it is pretty much standard to at least apologize and offer a move to another room. It was loud and the waterpark was mediocre. I think new management has done this property in...

6 Thank Nikki9191
CCH M, Manager at Caribbean Cove Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
During the month of February until the 2nd week in April we have more guests during Spring Break then any other time around the year. We had over 3,000 guests stay with us in those four weeks. We prepared and worked hard to accommodate are large amount of arrivals, but on short notice our Check In System crashed and we could not get to the route of the problem until the end of February. We did purchase a brand new computer system and have since then corrected the issue. In that time period we had long lines and issues with room conditions, due to our system and large amounts of guests coming and going. During this time we had tons of negative reviews and unhappy guests and to this day the negative reviews are still being posted. We did take care of all the guests that came to us with issues and 90% of the guests that did stay with us had a fantastic time. If you have any questions or concerns please give us a call and a manager will be more then happy to talk to you. Thank you so much for your consideration!!
Cincinnati
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“horrible place don't waste your money”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

First i have to say that I expected more than what I found. We pulled into a deserted run down hotel that wasn't in good repair, with multiple signs that pointed to it not being a quality or happy stay. The hotel was:
-run down
-in disrepair
-sub par in cleaning
-apparent mold problem
-elevators are very rickety
-rooms were ok, but air conditioning didn't work. the inside temp is above 70degrees and reaches the same temp as the water in the waterpark (80 degrees). the need for air conditioning is needed for a comfortable sleep, unless you are above the age of 70 and like your living conditions to be border line sauna.
-customer service was horrible, unorganized, multiple misscommunications and finally additional hidden charges due to poor managerial practices.

This only covers the rooms and hotel, the water park is up next.
-The waterpark is sub par
-But our kids under the age of 6 liked it; if you are an adult you will find your skin crawling with questions about it being clean
-The water is heavily chlorinated but all of the surfaces feel like you are getting some type of flesh eating virus that could wipe out a small african country.
-The play sets inside look ok, until you start really looking at them, broken valves, play items with sharp edges, rusty and broken pipes. The broken valve handles and rusty and broken play items are basically cuts just waiting to happen. With any cut at this place I would run as fast as possible to the ER so as to not catch a bad staph infection or tetnus.

overall, i wouldn't waste my money on this place or even stay there in a pinch. very bad experience filled with other items that couldn't be stated here since i only had time to write these things. bad stuff and makes you wonder if you need to get a round of antibiotics when you got home.
just remember, bad hotel, bad waterpark and hidden charges within the hotel packages. if you want to end up paying more and end up staying in a meth lab desguised as a hotel, than this is the hotel for you. if not, then save your money and find a great wolf lodge or go to the ymca to have a good swimming pool.

10 Thank founderses
CCH M, Manager at Caribbean Cove Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We have made many recent updates to our indoor water park. We have deep cleaned all pools and slides, brought in new arcade games and prizes, hired and retrained all lifeguards, and purchased more tubes, towels and life jackets.

Our rooms have recently been updated as well with brand new flat screen TVs, new linens, fresh new towels and other amentias. We know your children will have a blast, with over 2,000 satisfied guests each weekend we know our hotel is a great place for a family getaway. If you have any questions or concerns please give us at 317-872-9790 and a manager will be more than happy to help you!
Martinsville, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“closed with no information”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had a planned a day trip for my family to Caribbean Cove on 2/10, as we live a little more than an hour away and the website advertises a Sunday Winter special of a discounted admission. That Sunday morning, I quickly called to ensure the park was open and got a very quick yes. However, when I arrived, I found a very crowded lobby full of seemingly disgruntled customers. After standing in line for several minutes I learned from another patron that the water park was closed due to a maintenance issue. This message spread to the back of line and then everyone who had spent the weekend at the hotel/park began to share stories of their terrible experience. Meanwhile, the line continues to grow with patrons sharing the "news" that the water park is closed. At no time did any employee, ever make an announcement that the water park was closed, or give any information.

Finally, I walked to the front of the line and interrupted two employees who were standing behind the counter talking, not to customers, and asked if the pools were indeed closed. The only answer i received was a flat yes, no apology, no explanation or anything! I went back to the line and shared with other what I had learned and then promptly left.

I understand that maintenance problems occur and this was probably my bad luck but to provide no information, make no statement that the pools were closed, provide no apology or information and continue to allow the lobby to fill up and the line grow was absolutely appalling to me and I will never make a return trip

10 Thank Angela F
CCH M, Manager at Caribbean Cove Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your post. We did have a maintenance issue and our Manager on Duty was working hard to get the water park up and running. It was a last minute issue and we had no time to prepare or put up proper signage. I am very sorry for the inconvenience we always do our best to accommodate our guests and we hope that you will come back and give us a try. We value our guests and strive to make every visit memorable.
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Mis-managed to the point of being Unsafe!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The management here clearly has no idea how to run a hotel or water park.
Waited 3.5 hours to check in. At no point did any hotel staff address the crowd or make any attempt to communicate to the people in line or try to improve the process. This alone is an outrage and represents the total lack of appropriate management.

No towels in room. Called for towels and they said they would bring them when finished washing. No towels were ever delivered. They said they were booked to capacity today and the day before and were doing the best they can.

Other people came in our room with a working key card because they were checked into it after us. Now they had to go back and our key card didn't work anymore so we had to go back.

Pool area felt dirty, gross and unsafe. No towels available, No life jackets available. No control of the teenagers overcrowding the small child area. Not near enough tubes available. Water leaking significantly from the overhead tube slides.

I truly am concerned that someone is going to get seriously hurt here, and only hope that this place goes broke before that happens. It is a neat setup and could be very nice but the total lack of upper management is driving this place into the ground.

After we returned from our trip, I read some of the reviews on this site only to find out that this kind of thing happens here all the time. This was not a one-off situation. Needless to say, we will never return.

5 Thank R H
Thank you for you response. We are not a perfect hotel and sometimes we do have computer or mechanical issues, but we always do the best we can and provide the best service as possible. During your stay we had a perfect storm of issues and very rarely does this happen at our hotel. We have been under new ownership and have basically started over since 2011. Now that we have retrained our staff, upgrade our facilities and equipment, and correct many past issues we encourage you to come back and give another try. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know.