“Good New Orleans style food”

Yat's On Mass Restaurant
Ranked #387 of 2,346 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Long Beach, California
“Good New Orleans style food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a good little lunch place. The menu is straight forward, the service is fast. And the food is very good. And the price is very good. Walking into this place, reminds one of walking into a restaurant in New Orleans.

• Visited June 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Awesome N'Orleans style food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place serves some of the best New Orleans style entries served over rice and with a slice of garlic bread. So many options to choose from and they are all good. Not expensive. Great place for lunch or a quick dinner.

Joplin, MO
“Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I LOVE Yats! Some girlfriends and I drove an hour just to eat there. The service was amazing, too. They have a limited menu that changes each day. (You can see what each Yats location is serving on any given day online.) I always forget what I usually order, but they let you sample whatever you'd like before you order. I think I tried 3 of the 6 or 7 menu items before I found my favorite but the guy working didn't mind at all. He was also extremely helpful when I asked about dairy in the food (I'm allergic). All three of my friends and I ordered something different, and I can honestly say they were all amazingly delicious and flavorful. I only wish there was one closer to where I live. Maybe then I'd remember what my favorite thing is!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Good food served on styrofoam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

The changing menu had two chilis and four etouffees the day we were there. You order at the counter from a helpful fellow, serve your own soft drinks at a commercial fountain, and get everything in styrofoam and cardboard. No atmosphere, no service. Otherwise, the food was very good. We like spicy food and it didn't occur to us that it was spicy, though it was not bland either. Just right for Creole cuisine. We were there at 1:30pm and it was not busy; when we stopped by earlier, there were lines out on the sidewalk.

• Visited June 2013
Indiana
“No Option for the Picky Eater”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I do not care for spicy food but agreed to join my friends for lunch here. Had the White Chili Chicken which was okay.

WISH THERE WERE A NON SLICY OPTION for someone like me or for kids.

Otherwise, the service was fast. Had our food before we coud fill our drinks.