“Food is fantastic, service varies”

O'Charley's - North Shadeland Avenue
Ranked #833 of 2,403 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The menu and quality of the food at this restaurant is terrific. The selections are varied and the prices extremely reasonable. HOWEVER, we go there at least once a month and never know from one visit to the next if the service will be great, good, passable or really bad. The staff changes so much that the faces are always different and their level of skill is so variable that the end result is OK, but they will never be great unless they stabilize and get some serious training in place.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I had a steak and it was the best steak I ever had. They had really good chicken noodle soup. And our waitress was very nice and told some jokes! I would recommend this to everyone!!! And the price was very reasonable.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We are "regulars" at this restaurant chain in another state. This one was better than our regular restaurant. The service was quick and thorough but, didn't pester us. The food was hot and tasty; what else can you ask for? We'll be back!

Reviewed April 15, 2011

My husband and I eat out frequently and we eat at ' high end' restaurants at least once a week. I make him bring me to O'Charley's because the wood grilled salmon is the best I've ever had, anywhere. The Louisana Sirloin is equally good. The service we get there is always good and if there ever is any issue the manager is very attentive and makes it right. 'Charley's has definitely improved since they first came to town and I am very impressed.

Reviewed January 21, 2010

We called ahead for a reservation for 30 for a Friday night. We were very happy with the service, especially since there were so many in our party, and the food was fantastic. The manger came over and introduced himself and was close by to make certain we were taken care of and our main waitress was super friendly. Many times with a large group I witness service staff get frustrated but not these people. We also felt we received a great value for our dollar. I would definetly recommend O'Charley's on Shadeland!