“Definitely go try it!”
Review of Taj of India - CLOSED

Taj of India
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The Taj is a great little place to go enjoy some amazing food. The servers are all very friendly and helpful, the atmosphere is clean and inviting. I have never ordered something I didn't like. I recommend this place to everyone! It's fantstic!

Reviewed May 1, 2011

The food was pretty good. We ordered the dinner for two. It was 40 bucks. You get way more than you can finish, and we had some to take home. We drank bottled Indian beer at 3.50 each.
The only complaint I have really is that I told the waiter that I didn't like cilantro. Our food was covered in it! I had to scrape it off everything. If you like cilantro then you should be happy here! Also the waiter loitered around my Husband while he was writing the tip. I guess he was expecting a hit for the cilantro flub?

Reviewed November 1, 2010

I am a Punjabi, i thought this would be a wonderful place to have dinner at because the owner is orignally from Pumjab, India. But to my surprise the food was truely disappointing. I had baingan bharta(which had cream in it) and chicken roganjosh (which was very sour)and both of them tasted BAD,VERY BAD!!!!

Reviewed July 26, 2010

My husband and I had dinner at the Taj tonight and were greeted by a friendly server who provided great recommendations from the menu. Neither of us had eaten Indian food before and were greatly impressed with the food, level of service, and cleanliness of the restaurant. We are looking forward to our next meal here.

We had appetizer, entree, and dessert for less than $20 a person.

1  Thank FnyGrlCharleston
Reviewed December 20, 2008

Our favorite Indian restaurant in Indy, good value and excellent food. We love the large menu selection, everyone in our family has their favorite. The family who owns the Taj are extremely friendly and always willing to make menu recommendations or make up a special dish. When my in-laws visit us from DC, they always want to eat out at the Taj at least once.

1  Thank RJKIndy