“Typical Olive Garden”

Olive Garden - E. 82nd
Ranked #313 of 2,384 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed February 14, 2014

You will have a good dinning experience here. It has always met our expectations. It is not overly expensive but with good food and atmosphere. It can get crowded as it is near the Castleton Mall. The unlimited salad and breadsticks are great.

There are newer reviews for Olive Garden - E. 82nd

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had the new stuffed Chicken Marsala and it had great flavor. Of course you cannot go wrong the salad and breadsticks. We had a bottle of wine with our dinner, which we were able to sample 3 different types before we actually bought it. I recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

After ordering, we were brought our salads. Among the first few bites we found a stink bug in our food. We completely lost our appetites and could not eat our $70 meal. The food was not great on top of the incident.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Do not go there. It was by far the worst dining experience I've had, and I truly am not joking. We began with salad and breadsticks. The first plate of salad I get, I have a stinkbug mixed in with the very mediocre salad. I was stunned and could not take a bite the rest of the night without being in fear of what I was eating (not to mention the e.coli outbreak they had a couple years ago). The worst part is that the manager says to me, "...Yeah there was a bug last night too.." Like what? She seemed careless as well as the staff and she deserves to be fired. Anyway, the best part was the frozen breadsticks that they heated up... That just sums up their food - cheap, frozen, unnatural. I had a spicy shrimp dish (I forget the exact name) that was a terrible excuse for an Italian dish, and had way, way too much garlic. It was terrible. After the below average service, large insect in my food, obnoxious ambiance, and sad Italian food, they only wanted to comp about $10 of my $60 bill. Everything about that place was horrible, the place needs to be shut down, or at least completely new staff and leadership.

1  Thank Reid F
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is the typical OG, food is tasty and fresh and unlimited soup, solid and bread. The service is fast and friendly. Those waiters deserve big tips for their helpful attention to the kids in the group. While the food is not New York Italian, it works out as a reasonable cost for sit down Italian food.

I went back the following week with just my wife and I and eat in the cozy cafe room. Although the food is the same the atmosphere was more inviting and adult - no kids. I also discovered some 2 for specials that were more traditional Italian and were very good.