“Great Place”

Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
“Great Place”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My friends and our families met there with our little ones. Service was great and food was good. I had the black bean burger with sweet potato fries and both were outstanding. Lots of menu options!

• Visited August 2013

Zionsville, Indiana
“The quality of the food has gone down”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have eaten at the Elbow Room for approximately 22 years, and have had excellent food. So on 7/8/13 I ordered my usual meal to-go the Downtown Burger and expected the same results as before being cooked per order, and getting excellent results. When I got it back to my office which is just across the street from the Elbow Room, and bit into the burger it was dry as if it was precooked and was finished off when an order for one came into the kitchen. One of my co-workers ordered the same burger on 7/15 and she said it tasted funny and was dry, so it was not me. And also I have noticed it has not been "packed" with people during the lunch rush, and now I know. If they don't improve the quality of their food soon I have a feeling the Elbow Room will be out of business.

• Visited July 2013
florida
“yummy”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

like that it's so old and been in Indy forever!! I didn't dislike a thing..bar food absolutely..don't go if you're on a diet but ya gotta go at least once but be aware you'll keep going back!

Visited September 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“One of a kind”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

When Indianpolis was known for corn and not restaurants, there was the Elbow Room. In the late seventies and early eighties it was a meeting place for professionals on the old north side. The restaurant serves as a neighborhood bar on the edge of the downtown, drawing a wide range of customers. The food is bar food, the service is bar service, the restaurant is like a V in a historic building. If you are driving by and see a parking place I suggest you stopping in for a beer or a sandwich. This restaurant is great place to take in an Indianapolis parade.

• Visited May 2012
Indianapolis
“Great way to taste Indy”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Traditional bar atmosphere, traditional bar food, and traditional bar pricing. The Elbow Room does it well, and the view of downtown is great. Parking is the biggest challenge, but one circle around should land you a spot in the lot across the street.

Visited March 2012