“Will stay again”

La Quinta Inn Indianapolis North at Pyramids
Ranked #64 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Have stayed here numerous times and will return. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Accepts pets, which is important to us. It is close to I-465 and numerous restaurants, gas stations and stores.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a regular stop on family trips between WI and WV. Always friendly staff and updated, clean rooms, including a really nice pool area. And as always for us, our four-legged family member was able to stay with us!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed November 19, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was faced with a dizzying array of motels and hotels in the North Michigan Avenue district just South of I-465 where I wanted to stay, on the Northwest side of town.

This seemed to be the best balance of value and quality and I was very pleased.

I had made my reservations around 6 months in advance, and requested a quiet room and very was pleased they honored my request with a lovely room far from the elevator. Even though this was the week when the Future Farmers of America convention was being held here, and the place was overrun with enthusiastic teenagers, I heard nothing.

The first thing I do when entering a motel room is put my luggage on the luggage rack or in the bathtub, where there aren't any bed bugs, and I then tear the bed apart and inspect the bedding and mattresses with my high-intensity 'LED mag-light'. It's a certain paranoia I've developed after reading about the horrors of bedsbugs.

I was very pleased that the mattress covers and all were white, and allowed easy detection of the cirtters, if there were any, but am pleased to report a clean bill of health. Kudos to the mangaement!

My room was spotlessly clean and neat and I had no complaints about housekeeping issues.

I used about 20% of the huge king sized bed.

There was a nice writing desk. The lighting in the room was a bit muted, but it's a preference of mine to have bright lights, especially at the desk.

Checking in and out was a snap, taking maybe 2 minutes or less.

The breakfast was standard fare. White bread bagles and the usual high-fat muffins and bread. They did have whole wheat toast, and some really green bananas and some small apples. The coffee was OK. Didn't drink any juice. They also have waffles but it looked like white flour and you don't know if there's trans fat in it, like most have.

All in all, a fine place to stay if you're in Indy and need a place to sty in the Northwest side.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank fishloverdave
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My family wanted to take an affordable little trip during the week with our son and we found this La Quinta on hotels.com (I work next door to one and have always had a pleasant experience with the company). We were very happy with our stay. The beds and pillows were super comfortable and the rooms were clean and large. It was right across the street from a lot of restaurants and shops which was very convenient. We were going downtown to the museums and it was basically a straight shot down one road to the area. Super convenient! All of the front desk people were very nice and made us and our son feel very welcome. They always noticed him and talked to him and I just love when people talk to your kids and make them feel special and not like an annoyance. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to any of my friends!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Before staying in this hotel, please know hey are really PET FRIENDLY!! There were minimum 80 dogs staying in the hotel for a dog show during our two days there. We were not told this at the time of the booking or check in. The dogs barked at ALL HOURS, morning, noon, and night. At 9 pm we were told our kids were talking too loud and making the dogs bark! Our last morning we were greeted with a huge pile of dog poop in the middle of the hallway (as documented in the picture after having been stepped in and knocked down the hall). Absolutely gross, but made worse by the fact it was not cleaned up by the staff over the next hour while we were there. Who knows how long it remained after we left. Add to the dogs the fact they ran out of towels, being greeted when returning to the hotel at night by the manager smoking outside the front door and asking if we needed her to come into the desk and you have the La Quinta North Pyramids. The only positive to come out of it is the miserable memories created for us all to remember and laugh about- after enough time has gone by.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank John L
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was a convenient stop on our drive from Minneapolis to Annapolis, MD. The price was good and we needed a pet friendly hotel as we were traveling with our dog. Staff was friendly and room was clean and good size. The hotel is near many restaurants and also on the edge of a residential area, so a good area to walk the dog. There is free WiFi available and free breakfast. Breakfast included the standard cereal, yogurt, toast, bagels, fruit and waffle station. My only complaint is that they used all plastic and styrofoam utensils and no recycling bins available in the hotel. We wanted to stay here again on our way back but the rate had gone up by $30, so we opted for the Red Roof Inn instead.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple