“Beautiful building but food not so good and rude manager”
Review of Restaurant at the Villa - CLOSED

Restaurant at the Villa
Cuisines: American, Italian
“Beautiful building but food not so good and rude manager”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Recently visited this restaurant for dinner (hadn't been there in probably 5 years). When we entered the restaurant it had a musty, mildewing smell. There was a great fire in the fireplace. My partner and I ordered chicken picatta and chicken marsala. The chicken was spongy and seemed to be a processed meat. Served over angel hair pasta. No vegetable condiments on the plate. Our sauces were the same (except for the capers on the picatta dish). The sauce tasted and looked like a balsamic, olive oil sauce. Our house salad was average. We each gave the meal a C-.

We thought it would be helpful to share our food experience with the general manager in order to help them improve. We love local restaurants and support them with our $$. He was not receptive to our feedback and was very rude. He did take some redemptive action with our bill (which we did not ask for)........but his manner was not consistent with an establishment that listens to their customers nor plans to have any repeat business.

Perhaps it was just a bad evening. We hope for their sake that was the case.

• Visited February 2012

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Inedible Food and an Incredibly RUDE General Manager”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stay away from this place!!!! The salami on the antipasto plate was spoiled. Not one of our dishes was edible. The general manager is a jerk. All in all one of the worst dining experiences I've ever had. I wrote a blog about it on kateiscooking.blogspot.com. It's titled The Villa

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Kate M
indianapolis
“Intimate pleasant atmosphere with very good food.”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Had lunch. Soup was great. Service was good. Want to go again.

1 Thank John W
Tucson, Arizona
“Larger portions please”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We had a gift certificate and decided to head there to try it out. Our server was attentive and yet, not disruptive with her service. My husband had the Shrimp Scampi w/pasta and I had the Spaghetti and Meatballs and we both had a house salad and water. Everything was ala carte. Our total bill was 54.00! Thank goodness we had a gift certificate because we left the restaurant a bit hungry. The portions we were served were lunch size not dinner size. For that amount of money, considering it was pasta no less, I would expect to take something home but not this place. Don't misunderstand, the food tasted good, had a good presentation but for that kind of money, I want to be FULL when I leave or have some in a take out box. Shrimp Scampi was $22.00 and the S&Meatballs was $20. Salad was $6.00. They offered a wine menu but we didn't want any that evening. I suppose if you want to eat somewhere with white table cloths in a small room, then this is your kind of place.

• Visited November 2011
Florence, KY
“AWFUL!”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We waited almost 2 hours for our food and when the 2nd set of food was brought out for people who came in after us, that was the last straw! It was not crowded and we did not order anything complicated. Also if you are with children this is not a kid-friendly environment. I really wanted to eat there and I rarely complain. If you go I hope you have better luck. :(