“Locally Owned”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Charleston's

Charleston's
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 2,346 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Locally Owned”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I enjoy eating at locally owned restaurants instead of chains. I have been eating at Charlestons for years and have found it to be as good today as it was some time ago. It is a nice place to meet if you are needing a place to talk with a friend. The food is above average as well as the service and atmosphere.

I highly recommend checking Charlestons out.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank citrene

Savannah, Georgia
“Great food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We eat here often and the food is consistently good. Best Reuben's I've ever had! Very good steaks and I must admit the salads are my favorite part of the meal with the croissants being the cherry on top! The bread pudding is amazing...if you dare indulge in the too many calories to mention. Love the warm cozy feel to the place. Most of the servers are very good. The managers hover way too much...uncomfortably so.

• Visited November 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“It used to be a family favorite but friendly service has gone by wayside”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've been taking my family for many years, so long they actually have a family of their own.

We decided to celebrate a birthday there as we've done many times before. The food is still good but not as good as it used to be. Portions are smaller and price has increased on some menu items.

Here's the deal breaker. Rude service. Basically everyone ordered their usual which made it pretty easy with 9 of the 14 orders were identical. But the server had an attitude and it's not the first time or I'd pass it off to someone having a bad day.

It's not an inexpensive place to eat so I'll choose friendlier service for the next family function.

I'm sad because this really was a favorite.

I hope the owner will take a good review of the staff as I know this has been coming but didn't want to pull the plug on this option. It's time. The server must have realized that his tip was already going to be in the bill so why bother to earn it. It really doesn't take much to smile, even if you fake it.

• Visited September 2012
Fishers, Indiana
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I recently went here with my family, and the waiter was nice, and friendly. Food came out quick, and tasted great. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I had a hotel room reserved at a Drury Inn in Indianapolis, but I had not researched any restaurants around it. We got in fairly late, and upon asking for restaurant recommendations at the front desk, we found this to be one of the closest on their list of suggestions. You could literally walk to it from the Drury, but we drove because it was dark. We are so glad we happened upon this restaurant. The atmosphere is casual enough to "come as you are" and yet nice enough to go to for a special evening. It is somewhat dim with many spacious booths, and we had a server who obviously knew a bit about wine, which my husband ordered. I cannot remember exactly what my mixed drink was, but it was some sort of "apple-tini" or something similar, and it was perfectly mixed. While it was late, we were greeted nicely and treated very well by our server. Our appetizers were absolutely wonderful: Queso with Tortilla Chips and Shrimp Cargot, both of which were very, very good. The serving size was large and more than satisfying. We could have stopped after the appetizers, but we didn't want to and we had already ordered prime rib. It was done perfectly at medium rare, and the house salad that came with it was very fresh and appetizing. We immediately planned to go back sometime on our travels through the Indy area and take my brother and his wife there, and we cannot wait! I was very shocked to later find that Charleston's is a franchise, since it is the most "un-franchise-like" restaurant I have ever eaten at. I would highly recommend this restaurant, and in fact, we have an upcoming trip where we will pass through Omaha, Nebraska, and we have reserved a hotel near the Charleston's Restaurant there to give another of their restaurants a try. It was good enough to plan a trip route to have another chance to visit a Charleston's!

• Visited July 2012