“Outstanding small restaurant with personal service.”
Review of Sawasdee

Sawasdee
Ranked #415 of 2,395 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Neighborhood: Washington
Neighborhood: Washington
Reviewed January 25, 2011

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Indy. The exterior is a dull strip mall, but once inside, you will be treated like family. The owner greets most everyone that comes in, no matter how busy. The food is always great, and the prices are very reasonable. They do sometimes get too busy, but regulars know to expect this at times, and are patient. Lunch is around $7 or $8, Dinners run $10-$12. Each menu at lunch can be ordered mild, medium or hot, and at dinner, extra hot. It is real heat, so be conservative if you can't handle hot. I have recommended this restaurant, and taken several friends, and everyone has always gone back. If you crave chains, and like being rude, this is not the restaurant for you. But if you like original, enjoy personal service, and want some heat, you'll love Sawasdee!

1  Thank Rocksrule

Reviewed January 12, 2011

Excellent Noodle dishes especially pad see ewe and pad thai. Friendly owners and staff. They can make any dish vegetarian.

Reviewed October 15, 2010

I have been to Sawasdee many times, and love their food overall. But their service is a bit undesired.

Once they charged my credit card $5 more tip than I signed. I found out a month later after I received the credit card statement and compared it to my original receipt.

Another time, my girl friend and I had lunch there, and gave the waiter 2 credit cards to pay separately. He ended up charging both of our lunch to my credit card (swipe my card twice with different total). My girlfriend found out when she was signing her receipt.

So watch out their charges.

Reviewed December 1, 2009

I have eaten many times at Sawasdee - the food is great as is the service. Having moved from London (UK) and eaten great Thai I made it a personal mission to find a Thai restaurant here in Indy. Sawasdee is that place. I would and do recommend it to everyone - interestingly they all think it is great too. That means something, especially as I work at an International School. I am almost offended that a couple of people say they had a bad experience - GO BACK AGAIN. That would be a smart thing to do, and fair. MJS

Reviewed August 13, 2009

8/13/09
Just returned from my first visit to the Sawasdee Restaurant and experienced the worst dinner I've ever had. Having read a good review of the Poh Taek (soup that is a main dish), I ordered it. The menu describes it as consisting of shrimp, squid, mussels, fresh fish balls. There was one shrimp, one mussel, fake crab meat and tough chewy white things that could not have possibly been fish! I had to pull some kind of stringy sticks from my mouth that were in the soup. There was nothing else that came with this $15 soup.....no rice, no spring roll, no salad, nor bread....nothing....just this rotten soup with fake fish!! The service was lousy. No one came over to take my drink order. There were 6 of us and I don't think my fellow diners were that fond of their meals either.

3  Thank Gomer75