“Downward Slide” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis Northside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #257 of 2,339 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 96th & Keystone
Fishers, Indiana
“Downward Slide”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I have been going to Ruth's Chris for roughly 15 years now, and we at least try to make it over there once a month; however, the last 3-4 visits just have been below average for us.

For starters, the cuts of filet being served up lately have not been up to par as our last few visits have resulted in very small, fatty, gristly and overcooked pieces of meat. I expect much more from a high end restaurant like Ruth's Chris.

Second, our server for our last dinner (Martin I believe was his name) seemed to think it amusing to offer several inappropriate comments/jabs at our table which he thought might have been amusing - they were not. A Manager never stopped by to inquire how our evening was, and to be honest, the combination of the poor service provided by our server and the poor cuts of meat will simply result in us taking our business elsewhere.

As an ambiance side note, this restaurant is woefully overdue for a renovation and the last few years we have definitely seen little to no improvements to the seating, carpet, etc... We understand a new restaurant is being built just down the road and it will open in the Summer of 2014, but for that price, one expects much more.

Goodbye Ruth's. It was nice knowing you, but you've lost your edge of being, what I considered to be the best steakhouse in town.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Josh B

Indianapolis IN
“High End Steak House...Not So Much!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I were very dissapointed in our meals. Here's what we had:

Bread - Very good - Warm, crusty and served with butter. Need I say more?
Salad - Average
Ribeye Steaks - Poor - Both ordered and received two very thin cuts and very fatty. Please understand that I do mean fatty which is not the same as "marbling". Mine was so fatty that I was unable to chew it well nor swallow it. Yikes! Disgusting! I had to replace it with a Filet so I can at least salvage my dinner. I tried to encourage him to return/replace his but he didn't want to wait for another one to cook. Bummer for him.
Wine/Beer - Two very nice glasses of wine and two beers for the hubby.
Service - Average - Slow to bring out our salads and it was on a Sunday...when they were not very busy. When we inquired about it...our waiter said they had to tend to the bigger party first. Hmmm....

Management: For an establishment of this caliber...why would you offer steaks that were below average? Where is your quality control? Why would anyone want to pay $50+ pp and receive below average food?

Needless to say...we will not be back for a very long time!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MeAndThePavement
Columbus, Indiana, United States
“Totally not worth the money spent.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I decided to have dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House for the first time after hearing good things about it throughout the years. We chose Ruth's Chris over St' Elmo's simply because we wanted to be able to have an opinion about both places.

We made reservations for 6 but we arrived an hour early when they opened and were promptly seated. The service was very good but I expected nothing less from a restaurant of this quality.

We both ordered the Filet Mignon and a baked potato. She had the onion soup

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank parrothead837
Avon, Indiana
“So good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Doesn't disappoint, just like any other Ruth's. sizzling steak and delicious! Carrot cake is a must and everything I have had there is good!

• Visited January 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a favorite restaurant of ours, whether it is a date night, family evening (with teenagers) or meeting friends we always have great food, great wine and friendly service. Tonight we dined with friends and everyone started with a different salad. My husband had the special watermelon salad and thought it was great. I had my usual chopped salad and it was delicious as always. We splurged on the garlic bread. Although it is no longer on the menu, the kitchen is happy to make it upon request. It is well worth it!

Three of us ate steaks. They came out perfectly cooked and super tender. The steaks are served sizzling in butter on a heated plate. I asked from mine without the butter and found that the meat was just as flavorful without the extra calories. We also tried the simple spinach instead of our usual creamed spinach as a side dish. Much to our pleasure, it was very tasty. The fourth person at our table ordered the BBQ shrimp. Although the flavors were lovely, the shrimp were not cooked in a traditional BBQ sauce but more of a creamy sauce.

By the end of the meal, we were too full for dessert. But in the past, we have indulged. Our favorite desserts are the carrot cake (enough to share or be selfish and save the leftovers to enjoy the next day) and the chocolate cheesecake. The creme brulee is also worth trying -- smooth and creamy!

• 4 of 5 bubbles