“YES, YES, YES”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
“YES, YES, YES”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I work at a restaurant downtown and try my best to stop in before my shift.. it is a must do if your in for the weekend or so. The staff is friendly the sushi is prime.. as a fellow indy native and restaurant bro. I am sure to suggest my sushi hotspot !!!

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Fresh”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I travel to Indianapolis about once every 4-6 weeks. I always make time to stop by Mikado for sushi. This restaurant has the freshest sushi in Indy. And they don't cover it with tons of sauces to mask the flavor. I go to Mikado to eat fresh clean fish. Very dependable and very tasty. It's expensive, but it's worth it.

• Visited March 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Good typical sushi”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Convenient to hotels on a cold rainy night. The sushi was good. Not amazing, nothing incredibly memorable, but pretty good.

Visited March 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Very Good Japanese Restaurant”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I visit this restaurant frequently and each time, my service and food have been wonderful!
The restaurant has always been tidy and clean during every one of my visits. I have found the wait staff to be friendly and personable and they have always fulfilled any special requests that I've had. The atmosphere is cozy and very pleasant.
During every visit I order a variety of sushi and sashimi, they are always fresh and delicious.
The tempura, shrimp and vegetable, is one of my favorite appetizers. I normally order the bento box which is my favorite dinner item on the menu, always fresh and delicious!
I love the udon and the shrimp and mushroom rice and sometimes get a to go order of those before I leave to take home with me!
I enjoy this restaurant very much and can't find anything bad to say. Simply put, its a very good Japanese restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Horrible Experience”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I recently took my Dad there for his 70th birthday dinner. They have Sukiyaki on the menu there and is very hard to find in Indianapolis. My Dad had been looking forward to having this for months for his birthday. I called ahead to make sure they still served it and was told that they did. When we arrived the waiter told my Dad that they would not serve it to him. They had all of the ingredients however they were not able to slice the steak for him they way the dish requires. I guess this restaurant does not have knives. My Dad was so disappointed that we decided to leave. I believe the waiter and chef were just too lazy to prepare a dish that is on the menu. We will never return to Mikado.

• Visited January 2013