“Good typical sushi”

Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Convenient to hotels on a cold rainy night. The sushi was good. Not amazing, nothing incredibly memorable, but pretty good.

Date of visit: March 2013

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I visit this restaurant frequently and each time, my service and food have been wonderful!
The restaurant has always been tidy and clean during every one of my visits. I have found the wait staff to be friendly and personable and they have always fulfilled any special requests that I've had. The atmosphere is cozy and very pleasant.
During every visit I order a variety of sushi and sashimi, they are always fresh and delicious.
The tempura, shrimp and vegetable, is one of my favorite appetizers. I normally order the bento box which is my favorite dinner item on the menu, always fresh and delicious!
I love the udon and the shrimp and mushroom rice and sometimes get a to go order of those before I leave to take home with me!
I enjoy this restaurant very much and can't find anything bad to say. Simply put, its a very good Japanese restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2013
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I recently took my Dad there for his 70th birthday dinner. They have Sukiyaki on the menu there and is very hard to find in Indianapolis. My Dad had been looking forward to having this for months for his birthday. I called ahead to make sure they still served it and was told that they did. When we arrived the waiter told my Dad that they would not serve it to him. They had all of the ingredients however they were not able to slice the steak for him they way the dish requires. I guess this restaurant does not have knives. My Dad was so disappointed that we decided to leave. I believe the waiter and chef were just too lazy to prepare a dish that is on the menu. We will never return to Mikado.

Date of visit: January 2013
2  Thank Indy9191
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We eat sushi everywhere we go, this restaurant, although convenient to our hotel was not very good. The spicy tuna was tasteless, the king crab tasted freezer burned and maybe even moldy. The Fuji mountain was ok but tasteless and bland. The fire roll was good, jalapeno was a nice touch. Expensive and not worth it

Date of visit: November 2012
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I had lunch there yesterday. It was very good. Fresh sashimi, nice selection of specialty rolls and great service. I will go back again.