“Very Good Food”

Vito Provolone's Restaurant
Ranked #133 of 2,351 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Local family owned Italian restaurant. Beer/wine.
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

This restaurant has very good food -- as good as any Italian restaurant in the city. Atmosphere is average and informal. Service is average.

• Visited November 2011

Greenwood, Indiana
“Beware of high sodium in food”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My husband had the lasagna & I had the seafood fettuccinei. We each brought home half our entree. I thought the fettuccinei was kind of bland - not enough flavor. The warm bread was wonderful. My husband enjoyed the lasagna but said his food had too much sodium (he needs to watch his sodium). Salad came with the meal which was average. There wasn't anything special about the meal. Have had better Italian food elsewhere. The waitress messed up the bill since we had a coupon & credited the incorrect amount. She corrected "after" we pointed out the error. Overall service was good. We won't be going back due to the sodium issue. The restaurant was fairly full with people which surprised me due to the weather conditions outside.

• Visited January 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“BEST ITALIAN ON SOUTH SIDE”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My family and I have been going to Vito's for a little over 10 years now. It is the best Italian restaurant on the South side, and is my go to for any good Italian food. Everything they have is amazing, my favorite being the Chicken Diablo. They have great salads and homemade salad dressings (best ranch) and awesome garlic bread. Our favorite waitress in Amy who we ask for each time we go, and she is amazing. Never have a bad experience there with her. We recommend to everyone!

• Visited June 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT FOOD!”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We discovered Vito's 5 years ago and have been regular customers since. The food is excellent Italian, portion size is on the large side, and its good for us a couple or to bring kids and grandkids. Atmosphere is small, cozy, and quiet. Decor a little on the tired side but still the ambience is there!

Visited January 2011
“BIG FAN!”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I am a huge fan of Vitos!! The food is very good and I have never been less than very satisfied (and very full) after eating at Vitos. Like the other review says, don't let the "hole in the wall" appearance fool you...you will NOT be disappointed!