“Great Place to Eat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Orleans, Indiana
“Great Place to Eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I have been to Indianapolis hundreds of times in my life, living only a couple hours away, but I was never aware of this restaurant, until a friend took me there this past weekend for dinner. I had a martini, which was very good, and a ribeye steak, which was excellent. The price was very reasonable and the service was very good as well. I will definitely be going back.

• Visited April 2012

Richmond, KY
“Unexpectedly Marvelous Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

My wife is from Indy but hadn't really been back for a long visit in quite a while. While with her sister and brother we were lookig for a nice, neighborhood type restaurant to have a pleasent evening where we could sit, talk, drink a little and enjoy a meal. Somebody had suggested Marco's and that was where we were headed. The decor is warm and inviting. If you're interested in sports, the TVs in the bar have you covered. Even though we were seated right next to the arch leading to the bar, there was no spillage of noise into the dining room.

We were seated right away, but because one of our party was going to be about 45 minutes late, we started with the artichoke and spinich dip. The serving was almost too much for the three of us and it was served with pieces of toasted, buttered, italian rolls. It was fantastic.

We kept putting our server off on ordering our entrees, but she was gracious and kept checking in on us but didn't make a pest of herself. I ordered a glass of "Discovery" Mascato. It had a hint of pineapple and some other citrus and was quite tasty.

Each entree comes with a choice of three salads, a choice of two soups and a choice of potatoes. The Ceaser salad was very, very good, but the New England Clam Chowder was out of this world. When I commented to Buddy, the owner, that it must have been a very good can that they opened (Jokingly), he informed me that it was made from scratch. It was "to die for."

My wife had a persoal size pizza that had so much cheese on it, that she couldn't finish it all. I had the baked orange ruffy cooked in a butter and lemon mixture. The fish was thick, juicy, tender and melted in my mouth. Only my brother-in-law could finish his platter. The other three of us got take home boxes.

I think the prices are comparable to Olive Garden. Our bill with four meals, one appitizer, two mixed drinks, one wine and three beers came to just under $105.

We are planning on visiting Indy again in several months and will definitely head for Marco's Italian Restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank poppopsilver
Frederiksted, St. Croix
“Never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

We have given this place more than one chance. The salad was terrible, ribs ok, drinks weak. Food was slow, drinks even slower. The check came very quick ( to turn the table).

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Tried it again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

We were invited by my best friend to go out to eat and he picked Marco's, I think because he had a coupon. We were seated quickly but our drinks took forever to get after we ordered. The waiter took our food order and we didn't see him for a while. Our drinks were gone for quite a while before we were able to reorder. We were ready to drink, eat, and be merry because we hadn't seen each other in a while but the service was "OK" so we "carried on" somewhere else, afterwords. I ordered the "Greek Salad". There was nothing Greek about it but the dressing, maybe. The salad had huge pieces of lettuce, one pale pink tomato, one banana pepper, and three stale croutons. I didn't eat the salad and when the busboy took my plate he ask if I was done and I said, "This wasn't very good." The ribs were pretty good. Ofcouse the checks came out quick so to turn over the table. We have been here to eat before about three years ago and we were sworn not to come back. It hasn't changed much.

• Visited March 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Our little secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

This little hole-in-the wall is a great little Indianapolis secret. You can't really see it unless you are looking for it, but inside it is very quaint. It has a classic Italian feel, with red and white table cloths and candles on the table, but there are also televisions on the wall if you want to watch. We have never taken our kids (it's our little secret!) but we have seen families there too. There is also a lounge, which we have not been inside but seems popular. The service is great, the food is remarkable and the atmosphere is cozy. We love Marco's!

• Visited February 2011