“A Real Bona Fide Surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kountry Kitchen
Ranked #517 of 2,338 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Indianapolis
“A Real Bona Fide Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Wow! The outside of the place looks like an old, neighborhood, corner bar. So much so, I was almost scared to go in. However, I found quite a surprise when I opened the door. It is old and run down a little, but the people I met made up for all of that. What a friendly place! They mad me feel right at home. I only went there to meet a friend for breakfast, but I was glad I did. The food was excellent. The service was top notch. The waitress was extremely friendly and made us feel like family. I would have given this place 5 stars, except for one little problem. The coffee was terrible. I had a great "Fried Pork chop" breakfast complete with grits, eggs and toast, but it was difficult to wash it down with bad coffee.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Orlando, Florida
“Getting table here can be impossible. Getting served is just as hard.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

On a Superbowl Sunday morning parking was easy but the line was out of the door with a 90-minute wait. We came back on Monday morning before leaving and town and we were immediately seated. I took 90 minutes for our food to arrive at our table. Yes, it was delicious. But the wait was ridiculous. We could not wait to leave the establishment.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank dMoniqueRenee
California
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

Good downhome cooking, smothered chops are the best, collard greens, smothered chicken the best.