“Tasty treat”

Ambrosia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ambrosia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #252 of 2,411 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Broad Ripple
Cross street: Westfield Blvd & Guilford
Description: Founded in 1979 by Italian-born restaurateur Gino Pizzi, Ambrosia has quietly flourished as an environment where food, drink and conversation can be enjoyed in equal measure. Whether you come to Ambrosia for quiet one-on-one conversation, relaxed dinner with friends, a wedding reception or other large-scale events,Gino Pizzi, and the rest of Ambrosia"s knowledgeable staff are dedicated to ensuring that your experience is characterized by the unhurried charm and authentic cooking that are the two inseparable components of true Italian dining.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We went to the new location and had a wonderful dinner.our waitress was great, food was fantastic,and the service was excellent. I would suggest a reservation,as the place was packed!
Parking is a hassle in the winter,with all of the snow on the street. There is not much of a parking lot.we will definitely be back. Looks like it will be great for outdoor seating!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is a restaurant that you can meet a friend and spend time chatting over hot tea or coffee. The waitress took our order and let us catch up on our stories while they prepared our food to perfection. Everything came to the table warm and laid out on our dish in a very artistic way. I was there for lunch having a delightful time.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

New location at Kessler and College. Same basic menu. Food is fair and service is good albeit slow on the night we were there. New location has very difficult parking and so did old. New location is incredibly noisy. Concrete floor and exposed ceiling. Unattractive fake fire. Nice bar area. Lots of competition in the neighborhood. Better be tip top to succeed.

1  Thank Copelandhill
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Initially, I was very happy to have this restaurant move within half a block of my house. I went there for the first time last night, and was horribly disappointed. We had a 7pm reservation for three people. We were on time. The hostess led us to a 5-top table, but then made us turn around and return to the waiting area. Geno, the owner, would not let her seat us despite the fact that there were 3-4 empty tables. The hostess checked again with him, returned, and said that they had larger reservations coming in later, and they had to take care of those. In other words, they would not take care of us. She told me that reservations were "running behind", so we would have to wait even though there were empty tables. She also said, "if you don't like the way we do things . . .". Well, no I don't like the way they do things.

For those of you not from Indianapolis, Geno's mother was the hostess years ago. She had a horrible reputation for treating customers horribly. Geno is clearly continuing that tradition. We will never return.

3  Thank ParisKat
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've tried almost every Italian place in the Indianapolis area, but Ambrosia is hands-down my favorite. I've been a repeat customer since 2001 and love the place like family. The owner is friendly and always has great new wines to try and their menu always includes a daily pasta and meat/seafood special. Their sauces are homemade and there are so many options that I can never decide.

I was there in June with some family and we took our time to enjoy the Broad Ripple scenary and ordered a bunch of appetizers including the goat cheese Torta starter that melts in your mouth. For my entrée I had the "Dave Steak." It's not on the menu but one of the servers there 'invented' it and it's a perfectly cooked filet with mushrooms and a gorgonzola sauce. AMAZING! But I also love their salmon which is always perfectly cooked and Mamma's Ravioli which is a mix of spinich, ricotta and basil pesto sauce. Then we finished the meal off with the chocolate cake and the frozen cherries/gelato cream dessert (whose name I can't remember). It was perfect!

I can't wait to see the new place once it opens!

2  Thank BeachesandBrunello