“Good food--even if not a sushi/fish lover”
Review of Ichiban Noodles

Ichiban Noodles
Ranked #581 of 2,418 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is a "hole-in-the-wall" place that our sushi-loving son has wanted to try. This is not my type of food, however I was pleasantly surprised. The non-fish choices were good, and husband and I liked the fried rice. Son was happy with the sushi and received a fair amount for the price. This is an inexpensive place, so we will be returning, and probably frequently.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Wanted sushi on a Friday night. All the popular places are packed. Remembered passing by Ichiban and we were close. We had spicy tuna and Philadelphia rolls, as well as inari. The sushi was not bad, but these were the smallest rolls we had ever seen. The salad was good. I know miso soup has little flavor, but this had less than normal. The price was about the same as other places, but if I'm going to pay that price I'm going where I get what I'm paying for. Won't go back.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was never a fan of sushi and one of my friends convinced me to dine with her saying Louis would change my views about Japanese cuisine. Man was she right. Ichiban is now my favorite go-to restaurant in Indy....People drive from all over to eat there and the food is always superb. You wont find a better place to eat for price, atmosphere, and quality. I have now referred over 50 people here and they all thank me and refer their friends as well. Give it a try and you definitely won't be disappointed!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Ichiban is an unlikely looking little restaurant, in an unlikely little spot. Every time we visit my folks, who live nearby, we say we're going to try it and this trip we finally stopped in for a take-away lunch. We enjoyed hot towels and a cup of tea while we waited. Everybody we talked to was very nice, and very helpful. The miso soup was good, and their ginger dressing has delicious lemony overtones. I loved the shumai (shrimp dumplings), but I think the gyoza (pork dumplings) were more popular with the group. The four of us shared four veg ramen, which we thought was underseasoned and a wee bit bland but still good, and the seafood ramen - delicious and packed with shrimp, mussels, and scallops. We also tried a selection of sushi rolls -- CA, spicy tuna, shrimp tempura, and fish tempura (whitefish, I think?). Everything was delicious! I would definitely come back to Ichiban, I want to try their bento boxes next.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Looking for a place to have some healthful Japanese cuisine on our way home from St. Louis to Ann Arbor, Michigan, we somehow managed to find Ichiban Noodles. It surpassed all expectations! If you like Japanese cuisine and live in or are passing through Indy, this restaurant is worth seeking out. My son and I had sushi, my husband had the bento box and my daughter had Ton Katsu. We all had the miso soup and salad. Our meals were delicious and I was able to get a small bottle of lovely sake too. Price-wise the restaurant cannot be beaten! They also bring you lovely, warm washcloths to clean your hands; a tradition most of the Japanese restaurants in our area have abandoned but I love (and miss). The only reason I did not give a higher overall rating is that the restaurant is in a tiny brick building off the highway so the ambiance is nothing to write home about, but the service and food are fabulous.