“Terrible Experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Went to lunch with my co-worker and daughter. Waitress, Lisa, very unfriendly and did not ask if food was okay, did not ask if we wanted refills on drinks. Did not ask if we wanted deserts. We did not tip as felt as though service was not even close to being satisfactory. I gave her two credit - gift cards to pay for my bill and she replied "My you all are sure high maintenance!" (Really?) She said her register wouldn't take the credit gift cards so I then put $20 bill on table for $19.44 check and waitress said "Hold on, I'll get your change." I said, "Don't worry about it." Lisa followed us to the parking lot saying you forgot your change. I told her I didn't forget it and told her I didn't need it. She replied, "Oh trust me, you do need it - more than I do." She proceeded to tell me that she had taken my order over the phone although normally they don't do that. I explained to her that we have had our order taken over the phone many times. When I explained to her why we did not tip (in a very polite way), - she said she doesn't have time to ask if everything is okay and if we want desert, etc. and that we can ask her for refills and desert. I told her also we didn't appreciate being called high maintenance. She said "Well, you didn't sit where you were suppose to and you tried to pay for your meal with two credit cards. Who does that??" (When we first walked in we were taken to a round table with high chairs and had asked if we could sit in a booth instead.)

Cars began honking as she was standing in the line of traffic and she turned around and yelled at the cars "Shut the hell up". (I really didn't appreciate her cursing in front of my six year old daughter.) She literally told us to never come back and if we do never to sit in her section. I have never in my life ever had an experience like that! I asked for the owners name and number and she wrote the number on a guest check and handed to me. I asked her and she said Lisa and I have been here for 20 years. She then spelled her name out loud and said, "Did you get that?"

Lisa, do not worry as we won't ever sit in your section if and when we do come back. You will (literally) be added to my prayer list this evening and I will pray for you. I can't imagine a person acting like you did - without having some major things going on in your life.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Cathy S

Indianapolis
“Great local pub with good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This place is one of our favorites for a casual dinner. The food is better than the usual bar food with daily specials on entrees, soup and drinks. We enjoy the sandwiches, and my favorite is the turkey on wheat bread with cranberry relish. The entrees are a little more than we need so we normally order a burger, tenderloin, fish or turkey sandwich. They have a great selection of sides to go with the sandwiches, too. The wait staff is experienced and usually very prompt. The kitchen can be a little slow when the place is packed on weekend nights, but everything tastes freshly prepared when served.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“New standard in poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I took my large group of out of town business partners here based on a referral. I am never been more embarrassed. What a horrible experience!

The appetizers arrived with our meal. When she had dropped off all but one of our plates, she dusted her hands and said down with this table. Only she wasn't...

We waited a long time before finally asking for our missing meal. She said she couldn't carry it and had forgotten. Obviously it had been sitting on a counter somewhere waiting.

When we were finished with our meals, she arrived with receipts. Our request for dessert was met with crumpling our receipts in frustration. We decided we had enough. Good company can overcome only so much. We took paid our crumpled bills and left.

Do not go here under any circumstance!

• Visited September 2013
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Sadly this place has slid .....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We two went tonight for dinner-thurs and there was very few guests.. Our waitress promptly greeted us and took drink n dinner order. A vodka crab n iced tea, spareribs , salad and vegetable. We waited an inordinate time for our beverage which did not arrive before first course was served. Wait staff did not notice anything amiss so on her return I asked if age could check on my iced tea. She realized she had failed to turn the order in. The mixed drink arrived and was very pooly made did not taste good. Our food arrived/ warmed over ribs that has been boiled or microwaved-pale without being browned and globs of BBQ sauce unwarned dumped over; lukewarm over cooked green n wax beans, we were very disappointed as my date remembers when smees was the only place I could count on great drinks n good food. This evening we did not enjoy the food or drinks or lackluster service. Owner on holiday??!!! He knows better and should attempt to give better value as we r not too eager to return right away.july 11 6:30

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
indianapolis
“Nice lunch, reasonably priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I met a friend for lunch and was not disappointed. They had many options to choose from. I ended up with a Santa Fee Wrap and fresh green beans as a side. The wrap had a lot of flavor and the beans were cooked just right. I took 1/2 of the wrap and about 1/4 of the beans home for another meal. The waitress was friendly and efficient and our plates were cleared promptly by another team member. I will return.

• Visited April 2013