“Mofongo is not authentic ”
Review of Delicia

Delicia
Ranked #13 of 2,449 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the hip "SoBro" area, our lively, light and industrial-chic space invites you to share in all things representative of New Latin Cuisine. Our goal is to successfully meld traditional and modern methods of preparation, while staying true to the style, flavors and history of each dish. Whether mixing it up with some of the cities finest cocktails, or enjoying cuisine from The Americas, Caribbean and Spain, our eclectic and hospitable staff is genuinely excited to invite you into our world.
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Delicia a couple of times and love it. This time I tried the special for the night "mofongo" and was disappointed :( The platano was like mashed Potatoes texture with a lot of sauce. The flavor was not bad and shrimp were good, but it is definitely not the mofongo we get in NY or PR.

Other than that, the food is amazing. The churros and platano dessert were well done.

Enjoy! :)

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Overall the food was very good. .. but the service was fantastic. Our server Marco was knowledgeable and great. The food is pretty authentic. .. however the ceviche is not necessarily Peruvian. .. however it is good. It is a bit pricey but an overall good place to visit!

1  Thank 260mike
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My spouse and I tried this restaurant after hearing many good things. What great Latin food! The menu is very different and eclectic yet many people will still find things they like on it. Our salads and meals were very fresh and the ingredients seemed right from the garden and sea. You can find spicier things or tone it down depending on your tastes. The atmosphere is chic but casual and are server was excellent and made great recommendations. I recommend trying their house "Fire and Ice" margarita for a starter. It has spices in the ice! Great food, atmosphere, service, and a very different experience. A great overall place and a chance to try some wonderful latin food! I highly recommend it!

1  Thank chahn1207
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I travel often to Mexico, Caribbean and South America and always appreciate the food when I visit these countries. It is so nice to see a restaurant like this in Indianapolis! The atmosphere is very contemporary but also warm and comfortable. The menu has a nice variety of choices and an extensive wine list for this type of a restaurant. The food was outstanding and we were very pleased with the service as well. We will definitely go back to Delicia!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Second time for me at this restaurant and I find it consistently good! Nice latin cuisine, food full of savor and colors. It is definitely a different option in Indy. The mojitos are great and the sangria is also good. The atmosphere is great, lot's of nice people having fun in a beautifully decorated place with nice latin music in the background. They don't get reservations but it won't take too much to get a nice table. Nice place to go and hang up with friend while trying different dishes form their diverse, very appealing and creative menu. Worth to try it for sure!!!!