“Advertising Looked Great, Visit Did Not Match Up”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #846 of 2,491 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Every time I see one of their advertisements on television it makes me want to go there. But this last visit was a disappointment. What looked so good in the ad seemed much more average on my plate. The same was true with the other 3 people in our party. I would not say it was bad, I would just say, for us on this trip, it did not match the expectations from the advertising.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

It is not often that I find I cannot give high marks to a restaurant where we eat. After all, why would I purposely go someplace where the food was not good, the service was below standard, and the prices were too high? I just try to avoid doing that, but having said all of that I must admit the past two trips to Chili's left us feeling like the prices were a bit high, and the food was just not up to the standard we were paying for. The service was fine, and the staff was most helpful. There was just something about the food; lack of taste, lack of quality, or lack of proper preparation (although we have been there two times in recent weeks), that left us feeling we had paid too much. Hopefully, the next time around will be better.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The server was very friendly, even though it was getting close to closing time. The food was good too!

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Visited another Chili's in Indy and again had great service and great food at a great price. Love the appetizer and two entree deal for $20.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

The service and food are wonderful--friendly, fast, cheerful. The touchscreen games for kids at each table are so entertaining ! We've been to this restaurant twice in the past 2 weeks and we are sure to return again soon. Loved it!