“Authentic Italian Homecooking !”
Review of Salute Italian Ristorante - CLOSED

Salute Italian Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Indpolis, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Italian Homecooking !”
Reviewed May 18, 2009

If you want a relaxing atmosphere, good Italian homecooking, and a pleasant Italian man to have conversation with, visit Tony at his restaurant. He'll make you feel at home. Be sure to tell him JuneBug sent ya !!!

1 Thank JuneBug56

Missouri
“...a book by it's cover...”
Reviewed December 18, 2008

My girlfriend and I ventured out on a snowy Monday night...it helps to have a GPS...the parking lot was empty...I would have concluded that it was closed except for the neon "open" sign in the window. We entered to the realization that we were the only people there besides the owner / chef who was watching TV in dim lighting. I almost got the impression that he was hoping we hadn't come. We asked if we could sit anywhere and he said sure but you might want to sit here where the portable heater will reach your table. He then went on to explain how he keeps the tempterature at 60 degrees to conserve on electricity. On top of that, we noticed that the kitchen light was out, so I was just any kind of suggestion by my lady friend away from leaving. But he was very nice and engaging and so we ordered and waited while he turned on the kitchen light and began to stir around in there. It wasn't long until we could smell wonderful aromas. And when the food came, it was AMAZING! I've been to Italy, and believe me, this is authentic! Don't judge this place by the outside appearance or the inside for that matter...what he lacks in marketing skills, he makes up for in culinary skills! I highly recommend it!

2 Thank tuxcedo
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Italian”
Reviewed February 29, 2008

I agree, this is a great little place that used to be so packed you couldn't get in!!! Plan to have some time to wait, but the food is worth it...

Indianapolis, IN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best hole-in-the-wall Authentic Italian”
Reviewed April 28, 2007

Hello. I would like to tell you about my favorite Italian restaurant. It could be described as a "hole in the wall", but it has authentic Italian food cooked by the authentic Italian owner and chef. The flavor is unmatched by any restuarant I have been to, including some very high priced well known names. If you want incredible authentic delicious flavor and can settle for what's available today, this restaurant will knock your socks off.

Salute Italian Ristorante
1007 N Post Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46219
(317) 895-6923

Directions: Take I-70 to Post Road Exit (on East side of Indianapolis, just East of Highway 465), turn South onto Post Road. Go South to 10th Street. Salute is on the left (East) side of Post Road, North side of 10th Street (NE corner of intersection).

Menu: Be prepared to have one of the daily specials, or call a couple days early for special requests or large parties.

Personal favorites: I always love the daily special whatever it is. Some of my personal favorites though are: 16" pizza with everything on it, the lasagna, any pasta (all are home made) with the red sauce, the salad with home made dressing, and the home made bread.

1 Thank FineDiner1970